• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

winning does matter

deacs1995

i gave at the office
Reaction score
interesting WSJ article states that success in athletics matters more to private schools than public schools.

"In the year following an athletic success—defined as an appearance in college basketball's Final Four or a Bowl Championship Series football game—donations to private schools rose 28% from levels the year before that triumph. At public institutions, the comparable figure is about 11%."

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304908304579563832963202104?mg=reno64-wsj

Absolutely this. Need to mayo rep before I give anymore to you.

Last edited:
Winning Does Matter. Apparently not to RW. Competitive at virtually nothing.

Winning matters...and that's why we don't f'n matter...irrelevant for the past 6 plus years in most of our sports....Thanks Ron! Now get the F out! Winning means money

It's easy to sink into that lazy boy and take the donations of the Moricle Society and call it a day. But when you drive away the rank and file, as Ron has done, you have financial issues. We have two new promising coaches with no real track record at this level. So buckle in. We pissed away the Prosser and Grobe success. It's a long, uphill climb from here. The landscape has changed.

Good post, Dirk.

To point out the obvious, Ron Welman's future/legacy depends on the success, or lack thereof, of Coach Clawson and Coach Manning. If they have good to
excellent success/win totals, his future will be secure. If, heaven forbid, they bomb, he will be gone within two years. I know a few that are so firmly in the Wellman-must-go camp that they would like to see abject failure, but I am not one of them.

Back