• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Winston restaurant help

HalIncandenza

Reaction score
I know, I know this is a million times redundant, but this question is a little more specific.

I'm looking (for my wife) for a moderately nice restaurant to take potential residency applicants for recruitment dinners. It needs to be a place with either a private room or an area that would be separate from the main flow of the restaurant, usually for 10-15 people. Needs to be in Winston, preferably near downtown.

ETA: a diverse menu is a big plus

For right now, don't consider Cities and Foothills. They've been used the past few years and now are looking for someplace different/nicer.

Village Tavern is probably the biggest no-brainer, but I can't really think of other good options.

Any ideas are appreciated. HALP!

Last edited:
1703 would just about fit your criteria if you got the back corner area. It would also be close to the hospital for you and would show them a nice side of town.

Also Ryans has that side room but that may be too nice for your criteria.

Milners has has that nice upper area on the right side that would give you room and good food. It would also show them some good southern/Winston Salem cuisine. I think this may be your best bet actually.

What residency program are you recruiting for?

Call Hutch & Harris... They have a separate room and food is better than those you mentioned. You are still downtown so can grap a few drinks afterwards.

I'm going to assume that b/c you say "moderately priced" that times are tough (I've been to residency recruitment dinners at all the expensive places here in WS -- Nobles, Ryan's, Chop House, etc.). So you're in a hole here and you want a special answer -- not easy.

Christopher's has a number of little rooms -- an option that may sway an eclectic resident hopeful. I like the H&H idea -- downtown, a private room and reasonably priced. Bernadins at Zevelry? You said moderate so this may be too expensive. Is nickel and diming a resident you want really a good idea?

Paul's is Italian but it has a nice private room next to a bar. May not be the diverse menu you are looking for though.

There's also a totally private downstairs room at Noma.

I kinda like the H&H idea better, but I didn't realize they had a private room. If so that's a solid option.

There's also a totally private downstairs room at Noma.

I kinda like the H&H idea better, but I didn't realize they had a private room. If so that's a solid option.

Depends on number... brunch, they open up new wing that isn't available for dinner...i think if he called he could get that room reserved

Back