• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Winston story keeps going skrong

Well, we learned one thing - Jameis can read. I also learned that a woman can get on top and still cry rape...

Have known all along there was a civil suit in the making - the timing of the charade when it became obvious Winston was on the Heisman and potential 1st round draft pick track (with big $$$). Also, as other cases have shown, if you can get a criminal conviction, the civil suit is much easier to win. Hence, the attempts to get any court - even a school based court - to find him guilty of something, anything.

What I don't get is my best bet is Kobe Bryant raped the girl in Colorado (even though she, like the girl with Mike Tyson, willingly came up to his room late at night). Yet, Kobe has been given a pass in the court of public opinion. Will Jameis ever get the same or will there always be mention that he had sex - which some people question - for years to come? What really is the difference between the two situations?

holy shit what an awful post. cant wait till these oldies die.

I'm calling shenanigans that anybody leaving pot belly's is legally capable to consent.

Don't know if this has already been posted but the former Florida Supreme Court justice hearing this case, Major Harding, is a Wake Forest graduate.

The silver lining here is the image of Winston giving anyone a ride home on his scooter.

From an institutional level this is worse. Penn State was a failure to act to stop a guy who didn't work fur the school anymore. This is an affirmative, active cover up across multiple levels of the university at FSU.

Honestly no comparison to psu ! It's bad but psu was in a whole different league of bad!

What I don't get is my best bet is Kobe Bryant raped the girl in Colorado (even though she, like the girl with Mike Tyson, willingly came up to his room late at night). Yet, Kobe has been given a pass in the court of public opinion. Will Jameis ever get the same or will there always be mention that he had sex - which some people question - for years to come? What really is the difference between the two situations?

I think the main difference is Kobe put it in her ass.

Didn't the girl also send texts to her friends saying she just banged Kobe?

Civil suit filed: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/16/jameis-winston-sued-by-sexual-assault-accuser/

Jameis Winston recently expressed his negative feelings about the focus on off-field incidents while discussing his viability as an NFL quarterback, but it doesn’t look like that focus is going to be going away anytime soon.

Matt Baker of the Tampa Bay Times reports that Erica Kinsman has filed a lawsuit related to her allegation that Winston raped her in 2012. Winston is accused of raping her after she had a drink she believes included something other than alcohol at a bar in Tallahassee.

The lawsuit makes claims of sexual battery, assault, false imprisonment and “intentional infliction of emotional distress arising out of forcible rape.” Kinsman’s attorney John Clune released a statement about the suit.

“Today, a very brave young woman filed her lawsuit against Jameis Winston for the sexual battery that she reported to police in December 2012.,” the statement reads. “Over the past two years, this survivor of sexual violence has had to endure a delinquent police investigation, a hostile FSU athletic department, and Mr. Winston’s bullying lawyer. But the more these forces sought to silence her, the more determined she has become to step forward and hold Jameis Winston accountable for his actions. With the support of her family, she is prepared for this fight and for the counterclaims and the smear campaigns that will surely follow.”

Winston was not charged by the Tallahassee police department and was also cleared of violating the Florida State University code of conduct.

I think the main difference is Kobe put it in her ass.

6603dc5a9292104b44c349b85b5aaf7a-5-crazy-fan-theories-that-make-total-sense.jpg

$15k seems so unambitious, the dude is going to get paid very very soon. I'd think he'd pay 50k just to make it go away.

Greater than $15,000 is the minimum to get into Circuit Court in Florida. No doubt they want millions out of this.

Last edited:
Isn't there some kind of statute of limitations on a civil suit? Why should he have to pay her millions when he wasn't worth millions at the time?

Isn't there some kind of statute of limitations on a civil suit? Why should he have to pay her millions when he wasn't worth millions at the time?

The statute of limitations only dictates the time within which you can file a case. It has nothing to do with the client's net worth.

Back