• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wireless Speakers

DeacWatcher

Ricky Peral
Reaction score
I have an ancient stereo and I'm interested in crossing over to a current home audio system with wireless surround sound. I'm clueless. -Suggestions?

We had an ancient surround sound system and recently upgraded to a wireless LG Soundbar. Its not surround sound, but the powered subwoofer and digital audio make it sound very realistic.

I could be wrong since I haven't looked into home audio tech in a while, but going wireless for a normal home theater setup typically doesn't make a whole lot of sense because you still have to power the speakers. So you're really just replacing speaker cable with power cables, and then you add in the technology to get sound to the speakers which few companies are good at - there were only a few options that could challenge even an inexpensive standard speaker setup as of a couple years ago. It's more for multi-room setups (Sonos or Bose maybe) which are very expensive for decent quality - and as tsywake alludes to the wireless speaker idea for a single home theater is dominated by sound bars. The fancy ones like Yamaha's YSP line uses dozens of small drivers to bounce sound around the room and mimic surround sound, less expensive ones just create a full field of sound with the help of a subwoofer. They're pretty good options for a simple setup in a small room.

Hit up the AVSForum.com for more up-to-date info...

I love my minijambox and my friend has the large jambox and its incredibly awesome. Take it anywhere, fabulous for outdoors and tailgates.

On a related note, I want to integrate my Sonos system with my old stereo and speakers wired to my deck. Any suggestions?

Back