• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Woman in ND Plans to Give "Fat" Kids a Note Calling Them Fat In Lieu of Candy

ChaosDeac

Reaction score
Woman in ND Plans to Give "Fat" Kids a Note Calling Them Fat In Lieu of Candy

http://www.buzzfeed.com/rachelzarre...alflow&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=buzzfeed

enhanced-buzz-11739-1383145807-1.jpg

It is safe to say that part of the village is going to get egged.

Nothing good about it. If you want to be the asshole neighbor, then just give out the bag of carrots and stfu.

a dentist in our 'hood used to give out mini travel toothbrushes.

Hack radio bit - Looks like the Y94 Playhouse is reeling them in.

To me, it's not about giving out candy or not (no one is required to do it) but rather that she feels the need to call the kids fat (in front of their friends as well) and then passive-aggressively lecture the parents about how "it takes a village" and they are bad parents.* I've had to deal with nosy neighbors who think they are the moral and social compass for everything...it's annoying to no end. She simply needs to: A) Give out candy, B) Give out healthy items, or C) Not give out anything.

* - No one is saying they aren't. But some random woman has no right to call the parents out like that.

I agree with the message, just not the delivery. Mrs. Tardawg is WAY more strict than almost all our friends, to the point where it creates some tension between the two of us at times, but I must admit she is right for the most part. I know there are a lot of young posters on this board and lots of baby deacs being celebrated here each year, so do the right thing and get your kids on a good path early.

The kids today are so fat it is unbelievable. When I see 4 year olds pounding a coke in public I want to hand their parents a weight watchers membership for the year 2030 because their kid is going to need it.

It's fucking Halloween. Save your preaching for one of the other 364 days that is not dedicated to kids stuffing their faces with candy.

Fat children under 12 = CHILD ABUSE (in most cases)

Or maybe haven't hit a growth spurt yet?

No idea what her idea of "moderately obese" but I'm guessing she doesn't have the qualifications needed to be making health decisions for other people.

But hey, maybe ridiculing and singling out the fat kids amongst their peers will help them....god knows making people feel different or ashamed for being different tends to have wonderful outcomes.

Back