• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Women Golf Clubs?

CHDeac

Reaction score
My wife has taken up golf (lucky me)....I got her a basic set of women's clubs ($200 with bag, etc). She's tall an lanky (again, lucky me) and the clubs appear too short. She's taken lessons and they all say she needs longer clubs.

I assume all women's clubs would be too short for her but her club head speed is as low as you can get.

Thinking a beginner mens set with senior shaft flex might do the trick? Any thoughts?

She's really into it so willing to make an investment.

Have you thought about asking the club pros ? I mean, they do this stuff everyday.

If she's just starting, regular flex may be more forgiving.

Go to a shop where they do fittings and let her try some.

I have but they haven't been all that helpful other than " you need longer clubs". Just curious if anyone has any thoughts.

I got a new set of golf clubs for my wife. Pretty good trade.

No, seriously, it was a good trade.

But actually, what would you do if you wanted new clubs ? Go out and hit a few sets of irons. Shouldn't she do the same thing ? She may just have to hit a few more to find something she likes, then get fit.

Sounds like my wife a few years ago. We bought the whole set driver through sand wedge, putter and bag. She played about 4 total rounds after that.

My advice - the pros can't help much, until she gets to where she can consistently hit the ball. To get her started, go to a golf shop or play-it-again sports and buy a used good ladies set. It will be cheaper and if she decides to she likes it and starts playing regularly, she will ultimately want a custom fit set of clubs at some point later.

Sigh....Really trying to think through the difference between senior flex and mens regular shaft on mens clubs and if there are some lighter mens or sr clubs that might be better for a slow swing speed for a tall chick.

Or I'll just get a set of Callaway Apex blades stiff shafts to go with the pink balls.

Sigh....Really trying to think through the difference between senior flex and mens regular shaft on mens clubs and if there are some lighter mens or sr clubs that might be better for a slow swing speed for a tall chick.

Or I'll just get a set of Callaway Apex blades stiff shafts to go with the pink balls.

It's a shame there aren't retail outlets that let you actually try different clubs to see what works the best.

It's a shame there aren't retail outlets that let you actually try different clubs to see what works the best.

Problem is women don't really know what they want/need and can't be entrusted with such an important decision. I do like the pink golf balls though.

Get yourself a new set of clubs and give her yours.

Get graphite regular flex. I would go full length irons but have the driver cut down to a three wood club shaft length.

Back