• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

women who cheated?

I'm just trying to make sure things are clear. She's most likely looking for emotional intimacy with guys who want more than just to be friends.

Wait a minute! Are they only hanging around in case I am available one day??

In case you are available later today...or tomorrow at the latest....or for the nude pictures.

In other words, emotional cheating is what happens about a week or two before physical cheating.

That's what DoN's guy friends are hoping for.

There's a lot of things you can say about how you would handle feelings towards other people during a committed relationship, or what you would do if your significant other cheated on you -- and all that goes out the window when the shit hits the fan. Emotions often fly directly in the face of rationality or what your mind tells you makes the most sense to do.

Another wrinkle here is that physical infidelity is much more easily resisted/avoided than emotional infidelity. Sometimes feelings just develop and there is not much you can do if you can't get some distance from the other person (i.e., work colleagues).

I'd disagree with this. For feelings to develop, at some point in the past, you'd have to allow and open yourself up to this possibility (this is not usually a conscious choice, but it has to happen first). I would say most often feelings develop because new relationships are easier than old ones. The person you are involved with knows you and you can't as easily project the person you want to be (or the person you want them to see you as). With a newer person, you're still in the phase where the hard discussion don't happen, and don't need to happen. Because of this absence of the hard discussions (which is really the natural progression of a deepening relationship), some are drawn to the newer relationships because it's easier and, in a way, more comfortable. The "feelings" one develops, more often than not, are the preference for the absence of conflict and the inherent need we all have to be liked (whether it's for who we are or not).

I can talk to some girl for 20 minutes or even a few months and fool her into thinking I'm awesome, but my wife knows better and knows I'm clearly not awesome.

To paraphrase Chris Rock...

Men don't have platonic women friends. They just have women friends they haven't fucked yet.

If you told them the separate beds story, then yeah they are just biding their time.

No, I only tell you guys the separate beds story......so my friend came to visit me and I slept with my boyfriend for a week around Christmas and yeah, I'm still not having that (for me, I know everyone else is cool with sleeping with their significant other).

Last edited:
I can talk to some girl for 20 minutes or even a few months and fool her into thinking I'm awesome, but my wife knows better and knows I'm clearly not awesome.

you clearly have not told her the "i am thunderbolt" story

Back in my single days I was hanging out at a bar in Atlanta with some friends. These 5 or 6 "woooooo girls" came walking in and ordered drinks and were drawing all kinds of attention to themselves. Since we were 4 young attractive single men (2 of which had played college football) they approached us and started flirting, rubbing on us, hugging us, etc. acting drunker than I suspect they were. They informed us that they were having their "bachelorette party" the night before one of their weddings. I really thought we were all getting lucky that night and was already making plans for later. Then after about an hour they all just said goodbye and went back out to their limo and left. It dawned on me that aggressive flirting was their idea of a wild time for their bachelorette party and they had no intention of fooling around.

Back in my single days I was hanging out at a bar in Atlanta with some friends. These 5 or 6 "woooooo girls" came walking in and ordered drinks and were drawing all kinds of attention to themselves. Since we were 4 young attractive single men (2 of which had played college football) they approached us and started flirting, rubbing on us, hugging us, etc. acting drunker than I suspect they were. They informed us that they were having their "bachelorette party" the night before one of their weddings. I really thought we were all getting lucky that night and was already making plans for later. Then after about an hour they all just said goodbye and went back out to their limo and left. It dawned on me that aggressive flirting was their idea of a wild time for their bachelorette party and they had no intention of fooling around.

And then you found $5?

To paraphrase Chris Rock...

Men don't have platonic women friends. They just have women friends they haven't fucked yet.

This is so true. I used to have what I thought were platonic friends. I haven't made any new female friends since I started dating my wife. Every woman I consider a friend (besides her friends and solely work friends) is a woman I met before my wife.

bitches love doing that
You should know that girls very rarely break off from big groups to fool around...even if they want to the pressure of the group (99 out of 100 times) will keep them in line. The only time there are exceptions are when the girl group ok's the union/won't judge the girl for hooking up...and that never happens when a group is out of town...pretty much only when the know the guy and approve of him.

You're the lawyer. Why didn't you sue them for false advertising?

Back