• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Women's Golf

Wake women dominated today at East Lake. Beat Auburn 4-1.
Good comeback after losing 3-1-1 to Arizona yesterday.

Wake women dominated today at East Lake. Beat Auburn 4-1.
Good comeback after losing 3-1-1 to Arizona yesterday.

My bad. Totally embarrassed. I read the results wrong from yesterday.
I’ll edit to say they dominated both days. And considering these were the top 4 teams in the country, that’s exceptional.

Is Bags injured or has she lost her spot to the 2 talented freshmen? Bags was a great player as a freshman last year.

Migliaccio defeated Megan Schofill 1-up. She defeated Sandra Nordass 2&1 in the semifinals. She remains undefeated in match play as a Deacon.

Is Bags injured or has she lost her spot to the 2 talented freshmen? Bags was a great player as a freshman last year.

My uninformed view is that the two freshman have moved ahead of Bags and Knecht, so the latter two are battling it out to be the 5th player in each tourney. I believe Bags played in the last couple of tourneys before East Lake and played decently. Hard to argue with Knecht's inclusion this week, since she was co-medalist in the one round stroke play portion. Basically, the team has 6 solid players - hence the reason they are one of the top couple of teams in the country this season.

Great answer. I researched the scores from prior tournaments this fall, and the two freshmen have played fantastic golf. With 6 talented players competing for 5 spots, this can only help the team. We appear to be loaded.

Dynamic coach and players. Quite impressive group of ladies. The team really looks like it has the talent and chemistry.

Wake women have been on a roll. Last year Jennifer Kupcho was national champion which she followed up with her win in the first ever women’s tournament at Augusta National. Meanwhile, the team played well during the past 2 NCAA tournaments and now they win the East Lake tournament on top of a few others this year. All that, combined with lots of young talent, means we should be favorites for the national championship next spring.

Fun team to watch. Liu is one of the most unique athletes in Wake history. Complete, unfiltered enthusiasm and a bulldog mentality. I think she is fantastic.

Looks like women's golf off to a good start through day 1 of the Darius Rucker Intercollegiate (amazing tournament name). Rachel Kuehn atop the individual leader board. She could be really special at Wake it seems.

Looks like women's golf off to a good start through day 1 of the Darius Rucker Intercollegiate (amazing tournament name). Rachel Kuehn atop the individual leader board. She could be really special at Wake it seems.

Wake in first at +3. Second place is +10.

We started +4 and were basically last after the 0-3 hole spread. But we played really steady after that and watched the others fade. Really good first day considering.

Darius played at the pre-Masters concert last year and I think the whole Hootie band may be playing this year. Darius loves golf.

Wake was absolutely dominant this weekend. Wake posted the 3 best overall scores for the tournament-- the best score posted by any other team on any day tied Wake's worst score for the weekend. All 5 women finished in the top 20 including first, third, and fifth.

Wake absolutely demolished the field (+3 for the tournament) by 26 strokes. Migliaccio won the individual title at -1 for the tournament.

The wake women certainly looking capable of competing for the national championship this year. VERY strong showing this weekend against a good field.

Back