• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Women's Hoops

In the Richmond paper this am there was a headline for Tyra Whitehead on an interior page leading Cosby to the state semis. She had 20 points, 14 rebounds and 6 blocks she is a 6-2 senior and had committed to Wake as a sophomore I think coach has mined our area very well.

I think Rodney has another daughter playing for NCSU. Did Wake recruit them?

Yes.

Roddreka's recruitment was before Hoover, and Wake dropped the ball.

Rydeiah (DD) was recruited by us, VT, UNC, FSU, and State. She chose State. Averaged 3 pts/3 reb this year as a freshman.

Delaney Rudd's daughter Lucky will be a Lady Wolfpack next year as well.

WF should've recruited Lucky Rudd based upon her name alone!

The excitement is palpable.

Next year, this should be a bubble team.

Good accomplishment for the women's team. They've only been to the post-season 5 times in their 43 year history. Last time was the NIT in 2012, and they won their first game at UNCC that year. I'm really looking forward to GoNiners contributions on this thread.

Good grief with all the teams in the WNIT added to the ones in NCAA tourney, the better question is how do you not make the postseason in women's basketball?

Good grief with all the teams in the WNIT added to the ones in NCAA tourney, the better question is how do you not make the postseason in women's basketball?

UNC, Pitt, Clemson, and BC are the ACC teams that didn't make the NCAA or NIT.

UNC, Pitt, Clemson, and BC are the ACC teams that didn't make the NCAA or NIT.

BC sucked in Women's hoop too? :squint: As bad as things are at WF right now, BC somehow manages to be consistently worse.

I never understood why Wellman let Coach Peterson go. His last year they were in the WNIT, the team went 20-12, I believe. He was the only womens' coach with a .500 record or better we had had and he had been to a couple NIT's. I guess after that that 20-12 record Wellman thought we just weren't doing well enough in the post season (NIT vs. NCAA), just as he thought after Gaudio's 3 years, 61-31, we weren't doing well enough in the post season. Wait until the coach wins 20 games and fire him. Twice.

Coach Hoover has done a good job with what she has. She beat UNC, Duke and NC State for the first time since the '87-'88 season. Lost a couple close ones late and should have gone 8-8 in the conference. The problem has been turnovers. One game there was 30; a number of games had over 20 tos. She has a very limited lineup, playing only about 6-7 players--that appears to be all she has. Problem at pt. guard. No secret there. Campbell & stephenson have to be on with their shots & Penna too. Penna should get to the foul line more, also. Quinn is steady and reliable.If we keep down our tos, hit our 3s, & fts, we should win. It also is on UNCC video free.

Back