• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Women's Hoops

Think I've shared this on here before, but Coach Petersen is the best coach I've worked with with media stuff. He was always extremely courteous and took genuine interest in how things were going in classes and in my life when I was writing for the Old Gold and Black. My final interview with him during the ACCT was in his office while he was watching film. He told me to sit down and watch film for 30 minutes or so with him and talked through why they were doing what they were doing.

Legitimately nice guy.

Think I've shared this on here before, but Coach Petersen is the best coach I've worked with with media stuff. He was always extremely courteous and took genuine interest in how things were going in classes and in my life when I was writing for the Old Gold and Black. My final interview with him during the ACCT was in his office while he was watching film. He told me to sit down and watch film for 30 minutes or so with him and talked through why they were doing what they were doing.

Legitimately nice guy.

Did he touch you ? It's okay to talk it about it.

Legitimately nice guy.

Coach P was really great. I hate that he never built what he deserved here. I really like Coach Hoover, but I've had less interactions with her. Coach P had a similar personality to Prosser.

Coach P was really great. I hate that he never built what he deserved here. I really like Coach Hoover, but I've had less interactions with her. Coach P had a similar personality to Prosser.

Agree.

Coach Hoover bought Cumberland's lunch once. #GREATAMERICAN

I didn't think he left for more money - I thought he left for guaranteed money. He was at or near the end of his contract and all signs were the AD was not interested in extending him. Similar to Odom's situation.

What's up with Petersen. I saw he got canned at North Texas at the end of last year.

Maybe next year is finally the year we really turn the corner with the women's basketball program. There should be more reason for optimism than ever before.

Play Florida Gulf Coast Bethune-Cookman winner.

Doubt it. Florida Gulf Coast was 28-5 this year. Went undefeated in their conference and got upset in the tourney. Bubble team.

FGC is supposed to be higher seed, but not sure. I hope we get a home game.We got UNCC on the boards, double double from Penna, but they had more TOs, 20 to our 17, We missed 11 FTs though and about gave away the game. Our best FT shooter, Penna, never got to the line. Stephenson 0-9 on 3s, but our rebounds and pts in the paint made the slight difference. Rebounds 45 to 34. Quinn almost had a d-d at 9 and 9. Walker played well off the bench with 11. Except for not getting Penna to the foul line, Hoover coached very well. Campbell fouled out, & we had to go with what we had. I would not have had Penna take the ball out when we knew they were going to foul us. We needed her on the foul line. Nonetheless, another coach we have does not seem to know how to win close ones and she does. On to the 2nd round. Wherever.

I agree. I met Coach P. He was a lot like Coach Prosser. He was very entertaining during the games. also.

Nice win. Coach Hoover has recruited well, hopefully the team will continue to improve.

Might have had a start if he had gone after Rodney Rogers daughter! How could you not go after a legends daughter who also happened to be MVP of her undefeated 4A state championship team at Myers Park in Charlotte. Getting Rodrekka Rogers would have probably led us to get Rydehia Rogers, a 6'1" forward also from Myers Park who is at NC State. Rodrekka hit the winning shot against us in the ACC tourney last week.

Checked out FGCU's website. They beat Auburn, Arizona, Providence, Harvard, close loss to ranked Ms. State. Have 9 seniors, it appears. 14-0 in conference. But we might be 14-0 in that conference. Don't know. Upstate USC, Stetson, N. Florida, NJIT, Kennesaw State, Jacksonville. Lipscomb, & FGC. (Of course, who can forget Bz's game with Stetson) We may be an underdog to FGC, but we sometimes do well as an underdog.

Back