• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wondo Lets Down an Entire Nation

I wish he looked like he cared

He just kept chewing his gum looking stupid

"On June 22, 2014, Chris Wondolowski came in as a substitute for Clint Dempsey in the 87th minute during the 2014 FIFA World Cup Group G game against Portugal.

On July 1, 2014, Chris Wondolowski missed a chance a paralyzed person could have made versus Belgium in the 2014 World Cup Quarter Finals."

Yeah, this is where I am and have been. I like what Jurgen has done with the team the last couple of years and seems to have the team going in a good direction. And his subs on D and at midfield have been mostly good (except Davis played a half and no time for Mix). But once Altidore went down, leaving Johnson and Donovan at home was a killer in the long run. I so get bringing some of the kids because Jurgen sees them as our future. So Yedlin, Brooks, Johannsson and Green I had no problem with, and they had their moments. But once again, Wondo and Davis aren't our future. They're not our present, as we saw absolutely zero from them all tournament, and with Wondo, worse than nothing tonight. So as much credit as Jurgen deserves for getting the team to play as well as they did, he also let them down by not bringing his best 23 in case of emergency offensive replacements.

"On June 22, 2014, Chris Wondolowski came in as a substitute for Clint Dempsey in the 87th minute during the 2014 FIFA World Cup Group G game against Portugal.

On July 1, 2014, Chris Wondolowski missed a chance a paralyzed person could have made versus Belgium in the 2014 World Cup Quarter Finals."

"On July 1, 2014, Chris Wondolowski missed a chance a paralyzed person could have made versus Belgium in the 2014 World Cup Quarter Finals. Thus earning him the nickname "scapegoat". Seriously though...leave him in Brazil ."

I blame soccer mom's and their participation mentality. We need to put the best prospects in soccer farms in Colorado. Time to get serious about this.

I feel bad for him. Seems like a good guy.

Me, too.

It's pretty tough to imagine how difficult it must be to keep your composure with minutes left in a World Cup knockout game when you've been mostly an observer. I really do hate that Jurgen made that change - still don't understand it - but I'm slowly getting over it. Hell, if it weren't for the heroic play of Timmy and a lot of good fortune, Wondo's miss would have been forgettable.

Wondo's dad was blogging from Brazil. Funny stuff. Sounds like good people.

http://wondolowski.blogspot.com/

Obama is giving out trophies for all Americans tomorrow for there participation. Trying is all that matters, and Belgium speaks so many languages, so they deserve the win anyways!

that right there is how you do it folks. straight out of the coulter playbook!

Obama is giving out trophies for all Americans tomorrow for there participation. Trying is all that matters, and Belgium speaks so many languages, so they deserve the win anyways!
200_s.gif

I love this whole team after these 4 games. Fuck you internet poster boys. You go play/manage a World Cup team.

We won 1 match out of 4.

Need more dudes like Lukaku.

The guy who mailed it in for the entire group stage and pushed himself all the way out of his team's starting XI for the knockout game, only coming in when the game improbably went to extra time?

Look, Lukaku is a hell of a player, and probably would have been the most talented kid on our roster, but let's not pretend that he's had a great WC.

Wondo didn't let down an entire nation. Our anemic offense did. USA ranked 31st out of the 32 teams in attack opportunities. Klinsmann knew the only way for us to beat Belgium was to attack more and we saw very little of that yesterday. Against Belgium we only took 5 shots on goal compared to their 17. Thanks god Howard had a massive game or the final score wouldn't have been as close as it was.

Back