• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Woodie Jr. Hates Wake Forest!

DeacDoug

Reaction score
On ACCN, Roddy and the young lady both had Hartman at the top of their lists for ACC POY. Woodie Jr. couldn't find it in his heart to list Sam in top three. Guess he still holds a grudge against Wake for not hiring Woodie Sr. as lead announcer. Woodie Sr. probably drank a bit too much for Wake's tastes.

To your last point, Woody actually WAS Wake's announcer for a short time. Durham tweeted out a picture of this only about a week ago.

woody’s a tarhole and yes Wes is Woody Jr. but I don’t get vibe he has an axe to grind with us. Let’s not create a LOWF boogeyman- we have enough working against us as it is. It’s okay for us to be people’s second favorite team.

Woodie was the color man to Bill Wise. He was never the play-by-play man.

How could Woodie Jr. objectively not put Sam Hartman in his top three?

Who was in his top 3?

Armstrong and Pickett I would assume. My other guess would be the 'Cuse RB, a Clemson defensive player (which would be deserving), or that one FSU defensive player that is killing it.
Also, it's a talk show meant to be provocative to spark discussion. They have 3 hours a day to kill.

It’s not the first time. Wes bitched and moaned about Barclay getting ACC POY over Calvin Johnson. Of course Wes was the voice of the Yellow Jackets at the time so that is understandable.

Armstrong and Pickett I would assume. My other guess would be the 'Cuse RB, a Clemson defensive player (which would be deserving), or that one FSU defensive player that is killing it.
Also, it's a talk show meant to be provocative to spark discussion. They have 3 hours a day to kill.

It wasn't the talk show. The huddle or something like that.

At this point, I'm not going to argue for Hartman over Pickett or Turner or some other great players. But if Wake finishes 8-0 and wins the ACCCG, I'll burn it all down if Hartman doesn't get POY.

At this point, I'm not going to argue for Hartman over Pickett or Turner or some other great players. But if Wake finishes 8-0 and wins the ACCCG, I'll burn it all down if Hartman doesn't get POY.

Agreed- he’s gotta redeem himself next few games.

Agreed- he’s gotta redeem himself next few games.

Yeah. Maybe he can go for 8 or 9 TD's and account for over 600 yards of offense. After all, 7 TD's and 500 yards isn't good enough.

Both Packer and Durham expect State to hold us under 30.

Let them think that - we do better when that’s the case.

Both Packer and Durham expect State to hold us under 30.

I can see that argument, but I can also see although State's defense has been good despite their injuries, our offense might be able to challenge them in a way they haven't been this season. I hope so anyway. It's going to start up front, if our OL can block well and prevent a lot of penetration, we can have a lot of success. If not, will be a long night. Defensively we've got to make some plays. A couple of turnovers, some plays to get some stops on 3rd downs and cut out the dumb penalties.

I expect the Deacs to be a well oiled machine Saturday night. Some new wrinkles and all....

I can see that argument, but I can also see although State's defense has been good despite their injuries, our offense might be able to challenge them in a way they haven't been this season. I hope so anyway. It's going to start up front, if our OL can block well and prevent a lot of penetration, we can have a lot of success. If not, will be a long night. Defensively we've got to make some plays. A couple of turnovers, some plays to get some stops on 3rd downs and cut out the dumb penalties.

We’re gonna need a defensive or ST touchdown in this one to win- just a feeling. I can only think of one such play this year has been Redd’s play at Army, right? So we’re due. Not counting anything against ODU or Norfolk State.

Back