• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

World Cup Group B Discussion (AUS, CHL, NLD, SPA)

BqG6IHPCQAAY2s8.jpg

Spanish radio reporting that David de Gea has a hip injury and will miss the final 2 group matches, so Reina could start vs Chile.

Spanish radio reporting that David de Gea has a hip injury and will miss the final 2 group matches, so Reina could start vs Chile.

Hence my picking him as my draft choice. Lol.

Actually in all seriousness I picked the back up Spanish GK because I figured he might get PT. I then chose Reina because Reina had played in more matches for Spain recently than De Gea. (Although Valdes' injury made that decision easier too)

“Louis van Gaal has done something that nobody would ever think about, he has changed what the Dutch are so proud of: 4-3-3,” says Frank Arnesen, who spent the best part of 20 years in Holland as a player, coach and sporting director with Ajax and PSV Eindhoven. “I think it’s very, very brave of Van Gaal, because this is the holy system of the Dutch. To play with 5-3-2, which is really a defensive, counterattacking system, is unbelievable. He has shown that he has balls, and that he knows what he is doing, because they won 5-1.”

Crazy Louis!

Chile-Spain at the Maracana manana. Unzipped and waiting.

FIFA must've been sufficiently impressed by Mark Geiger's first game -- he gets this one, first ref to get a second game

Chile-Spain at the Maracana manana. Unzipped and waiting.

FIFA must've been sufficiently impressed by Mark Geiger's first game -- he gets this one, first ref to get a second game

Yeah, this is the game of the day by far. Too bad I have a 4:30 meeting, but I'll watch the 1st 60:00 or so. This is for the 2nd spot to move on, unless could get complicated by Spain winning today and Chile beating Nederlands. And a tie would also favor Chile unless Spain pours it on against Australia and Chile loses to the Nederlands by multiple goals.

Netherlands XI: Cillessen, Vlaar, De Vrij, Martins Indi, Blind, De Jong, Janmaat, De Guzman, Sneijder, Robben, Van Persie

Australia XI: Ryan, Davidson, Cahill, Spiranovic, Leckie, Oar, Jedniak, McKay, McGowan, Wilkinson, Bresciano

I think I'm gonna have to leave the boards this afternoon and watch when I get home. Fingers crossed it isn't on tv at the blood donation center. It's usually Dr. Oz so maybe I'm safe.

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WTF!!! KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!!!

Bqa2OFNCIAIHeKq.png

Stop Cahill before he kills again.

Why are the Dutch sitting back, conceding possession only to try and counter-attack Australia? Surely they should take the game to the team with the lesser players?

Australia holding their own so far. I'm missing the orange Dutch jerseys.

Back