• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

World Cup Knockout Rounds Thread (USMNT THREAD!) (nwt)

I like Robben because I like Bayern, but I generally get the hate against him - I just don't harbor it because he's "my guy." However, the ref made the right call in this case.

As previously mentioned, the best part of this game is DV7 defending the call in Robben's favor.

Gotta love all the casual and non soccer fans coming in describing all the flaws in the game.

Anyway VAMOS TICOS

"If a player attempts to deceive the referee by feigning injury or pretending to have been fouled (Simulation)"

If it is a foul at one point, then it is a foul at any point.

I actually think I made a post about that happening in the 1st half with Robben. He was going towards the penalty area, but heading to his right (so weaker side) and right as he got to the penalty area he threw himself to the ground. The referee brought the whistle to his mouth, but did not blow it, and then he signalled "play on" by raising both of his arms parallel to the ground with his palms facing upwards once Mexico recovered the ball.

I think he bottled the call and was going to book Robben for simulation (diving) there, but decided against it for some reason. I've never seen "advantage" called after a dive before!

Yeah, it shouldn't be allowed, but it isn't like Herrera wasn't issuing instructions to his players as well.

Germany - Holland
Italy - France
England - Scotland
Brazil - Argentina
Argentina - England
Greece - attractive football
England- Quarterfinal penalty shootouts

FIFY

yeah dude, they're plodding and dirty and hairy but if a few of them didn't decide to sail over to AMERICA I wouldn't exist.

I won't be a Mediterranean version of dv7 tho, USMNT is #1

yeah dude, they're plodding and dirty and hairy but if a few of them didn't decide to sail over to AMERICA I wouldn't exist.

I won't be a Mediterranean version of dv7 tho, USMNT is #1

I suppose that's allowable

No one cares about England-Scotland and England-Argentina other than, well, the English

Note: Scots care, but only in a David-Goliath way

Keylor Navas is going to get PAID after this World Cup. He's really good.

Keylor Navas is going to get PAID after this World Cup. He's really good.

He's already been angling to replace Courtois at Atletico through the media. Good move for both if Courtois leaves(doesn't come back) imo.

Last edited:
First off I echo the fuck Mexico sentiment. They suck. So do their fans. FUCK MEXICO

Marquez dove into a tackle when a guy was going nowhere on the end line. It was absolutely moronic defending and he got punished.

This sums up how I feel about penalty

That being said Holland looked uninterested most of the day today

Also FUCK MEXICO

Back