• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

World Cup Knockout Rounds Thread (USMNT THREAD!) (nwt)

Dominant 1st half by the Belgians

I was surprised it was three. Injury was probably a couple, but I feel like half extra time is normally one or two.

There were two long injury stoppages.

Any sub counts at any time. Injuries, goalies, halftime, etc.

I thought keepers were separate. If the keeper goes down after all three subs are used, do they have to drop a man?

Not a terrible half. We had our chances and defended well. Bradley is holding up play better. We need a defensive midfield player to disrupt this Belgian midfield. Lacking composure there.

I thought keepers were separate. If the keeper goes down after all three subs are used, do they have to drop a man?

Yeah, a field player puts on the gloves and you play a man down.

Keeper comes out, player in the field replaces him, you go a man down.

We got lucky Belgium didn't do anything with some of those long open field runs. They probably should have at least one.

We need a goal. Belgium is gonna score. You can just tell. We need at least one to hang on.

Played well in the first half: Howard, Beasley, Besler, and Gonzalez.
Everyone else was average or below average. If we can shift a few of the midfielders into "well," that would certainly help.

Played well in the first half: Howard, Beasley, Besler, and Gonzalez.
Everyone else was average or below average. If we can shift a few of the midfielders into "well," that would certainly help.

Fail leaving off yedlin

We got lucky Belgium didn't do anything with some of those long open field runs. They probably should have at least one.

Yeah I think 0-0 is still fair, but 1-0 is probably the "correct" (loaded term) result right now.

Gotta capitalize. We've had some counters.

Fail leaving off yedlin

Yedlin played well, but he was only only the field for 15 minutes or so. Besides, it's easy to look great in the attack if the guy marking you couldn't care less about playing defense.

Howard did a great job preventing rebounds. A few of those don't get pulled in and it's a goal.

Back