• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

World Cup Knockout Rounds Thread (USMNT THREAD!) (nwt)

Wondolowski is gonna have nightmares about missing that shot right before regular time ended

I have withheld judgment on Jurgen til now but it's indefensible to have Wondo out there contributing nothing and American hero Lando sitting at home.

I have withheld judgment on Jurgen til now but it's indefensible to have Wondo out there contributing nothing and American hero Lando sitting at home.

Why was Wondo on the team? I understand the young guys and Yedlin and Green showed up. I don't understand an old guy who little experience on this stage over old guys with experience.

Today shows why you bring Green along. Not because he's a world class player (yet) but he could be. And we need those kinds of players in America getting caps.

Only reason I can think that Jurgen chose Wondo over Donovan is Wondo was cover for Jozy and thats something that Donovan can't do. He doesnt have the holdup ability of Wondo. The best team is the best SUM of the parts, and Donovan was a square peg trying to fit a round hole. Wondo had a stinker today no doubt about it.

I think we need to keep in mind that, after the team selection, the consensus was that Landon should be there over Julian. I don't remember hearing many people say that he should have taken Wondo's spot.

I'm pretty good with the way Jurgen managed this. He hit really well on his subs all tourney long, and some of his stranger decisions (like Cameron over Beckerman today) worked out just fine.

Back