• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

World Cup Knockout Rounds Thread (USMNT THREAD!) (nwt)

Why was Wondo on the team? I understand the young guys and Yedlin and Green showed up. I don't understand an old guy who little experience on this stage over old guys with experience.

Recent form in club and country.

And Jesus Christ Tim Howard is a fucking American legend.

I can't believe this is the best this great nation can produce. Something is very fucked up.

Well at least we weren't total dogshit in the last 15

Kinda how I feel. We came back, got the kid a goal and made them sweat the last OT period. And I thought I'd never see a better goalkeeping performance than what I saw from Ochoa earlier against Brazil. Howard had a lot of ordinary saves early on, but in the 2nd half and ET, he was truly amazing. We were badly worried about our D going into this thing, and the D did better than expected in group play, outside of Cameron's insanity against Portugal. But they were exposed and abused tonight.

We did about as well as can be expected in the group of death with Jozy on the sideline. Too bad we didn't have Johnson and Donovan.

When you have a team constructed from third rate Germans, trustafarians, and other spoiled entitled honky brats, you're not going to go far.

We just got owned by a nation of 11 million people. There is no excuse for this crap.

Somebody needs to start attracting real athletes into soccer or we'll never compete on the world stage. This is embarrassing.

Jozy would have been a huge difference maker over Wondo today. Christ that would have been nice to have in our back pocket.

When you have a team constructed from third rate Germans, trustafarians, and other spoiled entitled honky brats, you're not going to go far.

We just got owned by a nation of 11 million people. There is no excuse for this crap.

Somebody needs to start attracting real athletes into soccer or we'll never compete on the world stage. This is embarrassing.
Lol, play a game of hide and go fuck yourself.

We tied the #4 team in the world, who also has the #1 player in the world. Stupid.

Cant lie, it got a little dusty in here during the Howard interview, even if we develop a lot over the next few years Howard will probably never be in this form again, he was a goddamn brick wall today

Takes some hubris to just expect us to be top 8 in the world at an international sport that we admittedly dont give a shit about

At least we can all go back to giving Belgian beer the reverence it deserves.

It appears Belgium uses the best young athletes in their entire country on their SOCCER team.

Not so much in the U.S.

Nothing pisses off US soccer fans like claiming US soccer would be better with our best athletes. We've already gone over that. For some reason they're not bothered that a nation of over 300M people gets out-athleted on the international stage

Why do we only have one World Cup quality American striker?

Good effort. Great effort by Howard. Hopefully in four more years guys like Yedlin and Green will be that much better.

Takes some hubris to just expect us to be top 8 in the world at an international sport that we admittedly dont give a shit about

The US is in the Top 8 at a ton of sports we don't care about. Watch the Olympics.

Belgium, 11 million people. Of that maybe 1 million play soccer? How many people have been involved with soccer in the US- 30 million? No way we shouldn't have more talent than little Belgium. We're America dammit! US soccer is underperforming big time. And Belgium will lose their next match.

Back