• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Worst Parent of 2015

I played enough amateur athletics to know that HS sports parents are fucking insane.

But what the hell are the school administrators thinking? Why can't they just give the crazy parent the middle finger?

There was no official policy, and honestly who or what was it hurting by allowing him to wear the jacket?

It's not a runaway win...

15a7xi5.jpg

There was no official policy, and honestly who or what was it hurting by allowing him to wear the jacket?

Slippery slope! Next thing you know p̶e̶o̶p̶l̶e̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶m̶a̶r̶r̶y̶i̶n̶g̶ rats will be wearing letter jackets!
War on athletics! They're taking the lettering out of letter jackets!

Slippery slope! Next thing you know p̶e̶o̶p̶l̶e̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶m̶a̶r̶r̶y̶i̶n̶g̶ rats will be wearing letter jackets!
War on athletics! They're taking the lettering out of letter jackets!

:laugh:

(except also sad because it's true.)

When I was in high school, you couldn't just go buy a varsity letter to put on a jacket. It was handed out by the school. I don't understand how she was able to just buy a letter. But if she was, then I definitely don't understand why the school thinks it can restrict who can or can't wear the letter. So much stupid.

When I was in high school, you couldn't just go buy a varsity letter to put on a jacket. It was handed out by the school. I don't understand how she was able to just buy a letter. But if she was, then I definitely don't understand why the school thinks it can restrict who can or can't wear the letter. So much stupid.

Probably that little interwebs thingy that got created between when you were in high school at the Fish Under The Sea Dance in 1955 and now.

Think about the child of the parent who complained - he is probably like 'oh Christ mom, STFU!"

I don't understand the teachers telling the parents he shouldn't wear the letter aspect. My wife's a teacher, and I know for fact, that if a parent told her to do this - she would indeed flip her off.

I didn't realize these were still a thing.

I went to a small high school where hardly anyone moves away so its all about high school sports and the only ones at my high school that wore them wear some of the band nerds that didn't letter in anything else.

In fact, the concept of lettering was completely ridiculous. All you had to do to letter was be on the varsity team. And given that very few of our sports had enough people try out that the coaches even had to cut some body made it even more ridiculous.

In fact, those of you that know me in real life would be very surprised to learn that I was only one of two people in my graduating class to letter in three different "sports". Band apparently counts.

I went to a small high school where hardly anyone moves away so its all about high school sports and the only ones at my high school that wore them wear some of the band nerds that didn't letter in anything else.

In fact, the concept of lettering was completely ridiculous. All you had to do to letter was be on the varsity team. And given that very few of our sports had enough people try out that the coaches even had to cut some body made it even more ridiculous.

In fact, those of you that know me in real life would be very surprised to learn that I was only one of two people in my graduating class to letter in three different "sports". Band apparently counts.

I got a band letter at West Forsyth. I didn't wear it. Some wore it proudly. It was smaller than the sports letters and had a treble clef in the middle.

yeah, i lettered in band, academics, and swimming. woo!

Seems like all the parents involved in this are lame. I don't get why a parent would complain, but the parent is raising a stink over a letter she bought and that her kid obviously didn't earn. Seems like a ploy for sympathy to me. I really liked this part: "KSN also asked Thiessen if the school would consider giving a varsity letter to special needs kids." Yeah, let's get right on that idea.

Back