• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

worst restaurant (non fast food) you recently ate at

PhillyDeac

Reaction score
Got a gift card to olive garden about a year ago. That place sucked last time i went there so i reluctantly went again. After the salad i had the worst meal ever. The sauce is god awful. Two people with my group split a pizza, they each ate half a piece...the. Worst. Pizza. Ever.

Pasta was so bad.

The fountain cokes were pretty good.

whoa whoa whoa.

you got IN? who do you know?

To be honest most of my chain or mid-priced restaurant experiences lately have sucked. There's a place near Sugar Mountain called the Peddlin' Pig. It used to be Frontier BBQ and before that something else. I went back again hoping for the best and it was terrible. Service and food. They had a big sign up as you walked into the place saying "ask your server about our locally brewed beers" so I did. She looked at me like I was asking her to solve world peace. Worse part was I could have gone to Woodlands in Blowing Rock or Carolina BBQ in Newland or the Old Hampton Store BBQ counter in Linville all of which are pretty damn good. About a month ago I went to the Macaroni Grill. I hadn't been in years and used to like it quite a bit. It didn't suck but it wasn't worth the price paid. I've learned to eat out less often and go to better places. I'm a better than average cook so I can usually eat better at home anyway.

Idk if Red Robin is considered a chain or not, but I had the worst meal of my life at the Red Robin in Hershey, PA. Cold, well done burgers, sloppy lettuce, mealy tomato, burnt bacon, cold slimy fries.

To be honest most of my chain or mid-priced restaurant experiences lately have sucked. There's a place near Sugar Mountain called the Peddlin' Pig. It used to be Frontier BBQ and before that something else. I went back again hoping for the best and it was terrible. Service and food. They had a big sign up as you walked into the place saying "ask your server about our locally brewed beers" so I did. She looked at me like I was asking her to solve world peace. Worse part was I could have gone to Woodlands in Blowing Rock or Carolina BBQ in Newland or the Old Hampton Store BBQ counter in Linville all of which are pretty damn good. About a month ago I went to the Macaroni Grill. I hadn't been in years and used to like it quite a bit. It didn't suck but it wasn't worth the price paid. I've learned to eat out less often and go to better places. I'm a better than average cook so I can usually eat better at home anyway.

Jesus, if you think Woodland's q is good, I would hate to taste the Peddlin' Pig's that you found subpar.

Jesus, if you think Woodland's q is good, I would hate to taste the Peddlin' Pig's that you found subpar.

I've been to Woodlands twice and it was pretty good both times. The best I've found in that area is the Old Hampton Store in Linville. The ribs at Carolina BBQ in Newland are great. The BBQ is pretty good. The Peddlin' pig was awful. I'm always looking for suggestions in that area so let me know places you like.

took some aussies to outback for one of their bdays a couple of weeks ago. oh man it was unhealthy.

I tried Pedalin' Pig for takeout and didn't think it was awful. About as good as Woodland's. Not as good as Old Hampton. But Old Hampton closes at 5 PM I think.

Idk if Red Robin is considered a chain or not, but I had the worst meal of my life at the Red Robin in Hershey, PA. Cold, well done burgers, sloppy lettuce, mealy tomato, burnt bacon, cold slimy fries.

...what about it ISN'T a chain?

I haven't had too many bad meals lately, but Red Robin is probably mine, too. a friend of ours - despite the fact we live in portland - LOVES red robin (and all chains, really) and we went for his bday back in January. Disgusting turkey burger, cold fries, slowwww service.

i meant fast food, sorry, obviously it's a chain

I used to like Ruby Tuesday's but they have gone way down. Salad bar is still pretty banging, but overall the food off the menu is terrible. I do not like Olive Garden at all. Have never been disappointed at Carrabba's.

I try not to eat at bad restaurants all that often, but I went to this place in Wilmington, DE last week called Ernest & Scott Taproom. Not good at all.

Applebee's. It was kind of an older style Applebee's, though. They closed it and opened a new one not far, so I may try that one out to see if it improved any. Not generally a fan of Applebee's, though.

I live next door to a Chinese takeout place called Peking Garden. It is absolutely disgusting.

I live next door to a Chinese takeout place called Peking Garden. It is absolutely disgusting.

All of the chinese food near me is disgusting. My rule is that if they sell subs and chicken wings then I don't order from there. Rules out most of the chinese food restaurants in town.

The Robin can really be hit or miss. But alas my kids love it.

Bad Mexican food can be about as bad as it gets.

Back