• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Worst Wake half ever?

This is not the man I want running my school. I appreciate and respect his efforts to improve Wake's reputation nationally and improve its academic stature, but these changing standards don't stop at athletics. He is letting his goals change the culture and history of what Wake Forest really is. I love Wake, but don't know if I'll want my kids to go here in 20+ years.

All true. Wake is NOT Notre Dame. Wake is not Stanford. Wake should be Wake Forest and go with that. A great U.S. university with a national reputation and only a Billion dollar endowment. Kids coming here that know about our history and the history of the ACC.

I'm afraid that our "worst half ever" under the Buzz is still to come...

It could be worse:

"Northern Illinois broke its own NCAA Division I record for futility, scoring just four points in the first half of a 42-25 loss to Eastern Michigan on Saturday.
The Huskies (4-14, 2-4 Mid-American) also broke the record for lowest field goal percentage in a half of the shot clock era (3.2 percent) and lowest field goal percentage in a game (13.1 percent), and tied the mark for fewest made field goals in a half after hitting 1 of 31 attempts in the opening period. Abdel Bader scored on a fast break one minute into the game to put Northern Illinois up 2-0 for its only bucket of the half, and followed that with 29 straight misses."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/ba...1/26/79417_recap.html?sct=hp_t2_a10&eref=sihp

The score at halftime versus Iona was 54-24, but they average 82 ppg.

It pisses me off that you're going to make me do this, but let me give you a list of the opponents that Iona hasn't scored 94 against:
Denver, Quinnipeac, Illinois-Chicago, Niagera, St. Peters x2, Rutgers, Georgia, Liberty, La Salle, St. Josephs, St. Bonaventure, Sienna, Manhattan, Marist, Fairfield, Rider

Stop fucking defending the Iona loss. We are they're 2nd largest margin of victory of the season. You're wrong, let it go.

I disagree. I'm not defending the Iona loss by saying they score points.

GT scored 52 against the 5-16 juggernaut. The score 54 against an awful, 4-15 Rice team.

GT got 52 against us in a HALF.

I disagree. I'm not defending the Iona loss by saying they score points.

GT scored 52 against the 5-16 juggernaut. The score 54 against an awful, 4-15 Rice team.

GT got 52 against us in a HALF.
They score points against the MAAC, not the A-10, not the Big West, not even just the MAC, the MAAC. It was a 30 point half deficit against a MAAC team that won't even make the NIT, and it was on a neutral court. As bad as Georgia Tech is, they are an ACC team with ACC talent.

GT scored 52 in an entire game against Presby and 54 vs. an abominable Rice team. .

The best thing to come from this thread is the fact that I now know what Ken Pomeroy looks like. I am not shocked what so ever.

He looks like the two nerdy wake fans who sat behind me .

Come one nerds out yourself. You were in the presence of greatness!!

I think the Iona loss would stick out a lot more if people hadn't been transfixed on the butt pounding we were taking from the fighting Lennay Kakau's in South Bend.

They score points against the MAAC, not the A-10, not the Big West, not even just the MAC, the MAAC. It was a 30 point half deficit against a MAAC team that won't even make the NIT, and it was on a neutral court. As bad as Georgia Tech is, they are an ACC team with ACC talent.

Iona has a decent chance at making the NCAA or NIT.

Back