• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Would anyone be upset if Manning was fired today.

If Wellman had canned Manning in the spring, the new coach may have been able to save this class and not be starting from the KenPom 200's next year.

Yup. Not firing Manning last season is likely going to cost multiple years of rebuilding and millions in revenue loss that could have been avoided by simply making the decision when it should have been made.

Last edited:
Is he gone yet??

Hope Richmond throttles us on the road Saturday, but sadly they are banged up.

Thanks Ron Wellman for making me pull against my alma mater. I hate you.

I think it's strange how often we give a pass to assistant coaches. Childress is one of the only constants across all of these garbage teams, and people want to promote or retain him? Our fundamentals are as bad as our strategies - if he doesn't bare any responsibility for direct coaching he's still failed to influence consecutive coaches in any meaningful way. If Manning's history as a player fuels his garbage coaching why does anyone assume Childress's doesn't? Kinda reminds me of the Battle stuff while [Redacted] ruined us. Sure there were some very unfortunate extenuating circumstances when Dino took over instead of him, but when [Redacted] was hired there was definitely the "Battle recruits, Jeff coaches" plan being espoused. If problem #1 with Manning and [Redacted] was their complete inability to inspire players or fans, problem #2 for [Redacted] was garbage recruiting, problem #2 for Manning is coaching strategy. When they fail so completely in a known area of weakness, it's not helpful to just really like Rusty Larue because he's such a Wake Forest guy. We're lighting millions of dollars on fire making this program awful - there have to be repercussions for it.

Of course the ultimate responsibility is 100% on the head coach, but hopefully we've learned our lesson about retaining critical assistants during coaching changes. Clawson is an inspiring coach who brought his whole staff with him. Just do that again after Manning is fired. Then just like Clawson has done, hold the staff accountable - the football program has far more excuses to suck than does the basketball program.

Wake fans give a pass to assistant coaches?

LOL.

If Manning is fired during the season, who the interim coach is has very little to absolutely no impact on anything going forward.

Wake fans give a pass to assistant coaches?

LOL.

I don't even know what you mean by this. Are you saying all fans do it so it's not unique to us? There are all kinds of posts that think we should retain or promote Chill, there was a ton of support for Rusty even when we were putrid, and nearly 100% unwavering support for Battle.

I am [finally] there.

I do think firing a head basketball coach is night and day different from firing a coordinator in football, but I see a handful of things that - if I were AD - would lead me to bring Danny in this morning and thank him for his service:

* An offense that runs general sets. Very loose. Yes, we post up Hoard, but there is so little precision that it is a crap shoot on whether the play develops
* A team that seems to love one another, but a staff that - outside Manning who would be a good poker player - looks miserable. I fear that will eventually rub off on the team
* A team that - I would guess that due to lack of intensity in practice - cannot maintain intensity for longer than a few minutes. They then regress to some version of their coach.
* I could probably go on

I think it is a huge risk to do this. I fear that the season implodes further even with something this drastic and Wellman gets his 5th choice hire in March 2019. But ...

I would fire Manning, elevate Chill with Nestor as his #2. Move Justin Gray to the bench. Hell, ask CJ Harris if he is interested. Go full on nostalgia on the bench and see if we can gin up some excitement on the staff. Again, I think the team, mostly due to their freshman-ness, is generally excited to put on the Wake uniform. They just need to be coached as to what that means.

Happy to take your anger and snarkiness. I was wrong. I do think this is the nucleur option and if Chill is not a coach, we will essentially ruin him on this level, but I am ready to push the button. If we don't, our ACC road games are going to be ugly and we will scare away 5star talent for years as the whole college basketball world will watch future NBA starter Hoard get a beat down once or twice a week from peers who seem to be having the time of their young lives. That doesn't wash off fast.[/B]

Hoard has got to be seriously wondering why in the world he came here.

It is not private information, but I'll take it out due to your concerns. Wanting me banned for posting it though? Go PHUK yourself.
Lol, dummy, I didn't ask for you to be banned. I just pointed out that I think doxxing should be a bannable offense. I actually suggested you edit it so you *wouldn't* be banned.

I'll be waiting patiently for you to apologise for your very offensive "phuk yourself". Will the mods do anything? Nah!

I don't even know what you mean by this. Are you saying all fans do it so it's not unique to us? There are all kinds of posts that think we should retain or promote Chill, there was a ton of support for Rusty even when we were putrid, and nearly 100% unwavering support for Battle.

I'm saying Wake fans don't give passes to assistant coaches. It's a silly sentiment especially from a poster known for giving passes to head coaches.

Lol, dummy, I didn't ask for you to be banned. I just pointed out that I think doxxing should be a bannable offense. I actually suggested you edit it so you *wouldn't* be banned.

I'll be waiting patiently for you to apologise for your very offensive "phuk yourself". Will the mods do anything? Nah!

If its public information it shouldn't be considered doxxing, and you seem to be the only person that had an issue with it being posted.

If its public information it shouldn't be considered doxxing, and you seem to be the only person that had an issue with it being posted.
I actually have some pretty serious ethical issues with it being posted. If it is indeed public information people can go find it themselves.

This just isn’t true. Who is saying this?

Rusty was arguably worse than [Redacted], imo.

Chill never should have been named to Manning’s staff.

Chaundee’s lack of development alone should be grounds for firing Chill, even before you get to how many dumb decisions our guards make in end-game situations.

No, I agree with him. I just didn't bother piping in because I think you douche with bath water. I have been on this planet a long time, and usually people who douche with bath water ignore good advice. You did edit your post though so deep down in your douchiness, you must have understand the douch-oxity of your post.

No, I agree with him. I just didn't bother piping in because I think you douche with bath water. I have been on this planet a long time, and usually people who douche with bath water ignore good advice. You did edit your post though so deep down in your douchiness, you must have understand the douch-oxity of your post.

The only douching going on is by wife... before she comes home to you from her whore house job. FWIW I think Gaybone is a better poster than you.

The only douching going on is by wife... before she comes home to you from her whore house job. FWIW I think Gaybone is a better poster than you.

[video]https://tenor.com/view/salvy-most-interesting-man-dos-equis-shake-it-off-gif-5576621[/video]

[
salvy-most-interesting-man-dos-equis-shake-it-off-gif-5576621

Last edited:
Back