• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WPT R32: 3. DeaconSlim2.0- 65, 6. myDeaconmyhand- 25

Who is worse?

• 3. DeaconSlim2.0

Votes: 65 72.2%
  • 6. myDeaconmyhand

Votes: 25 27.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why is MDMH in this tourney? He always seemed pretty good....meanwhile Phillydeac is absent...

Why is MDMH in this tourney? He always seemed pretty good....meanwhile Phillydeac is absent...

mdmh was the number one overall seed last tourney. can't believe i forgot about both phillydeac and philliesdeac during my noms though.

mdmh was the number one overall seed last tourney. can't believe i forgot about both phillydeac and philliesdeac during my noms though.

That was nearly 3 years ago, on the other board. I don't think I was the number one overall seed either.

mdmh either makes really good posts or completely inane shitty posts.

all of slim's are shitty though, so the voting is easy here.

Slim had a post on one of the CP3 threads that was by far the dumbest thing I've ever read. Basically shitting all over CP's NBA accomplishments because there were less people in the NBA so it should be easier to succeed. I gotta dig that one up.

Got it:

All this talk about retiring his number because of his post-Wake stuff....

To be honest he hasn't really "accomplished" anything in the NBA (if we're using the same definition that has been used to say he didn't "accomplish" anything at Wake)

He hasn't won a championship or an MVP...so I don't really understand that argument.

He's been named to All-NBA teams, which is pretty much no different than All-American...and the argument could be made that it's tougher to be named an All-American since there are so many more players in the NCAA.

So if stats and AA at Wake aren't reason enough to retire his jersey, then why would essentially the same qualifiers be used for his pro success?

http://www.ogboards.com/forums/show...arch-2?p=1112693&highlight=jersey#post1112693

Got it:

To be honest he hasn't really "accomplished" anything in the NBA (if we're using the same definition that has been used to say he didn't "accomplish" anything at Wake)

He hasn't won a championship or an MVP...so I don't really understand that argument.

He's been named to All-NBA teams, which is pretty much no different than All-American...and the argument could be made that it's tougher to be named an All-American since there are so many more players in the NCAA.

So if stats and AA at Wake aren't reason enough to retire his jersey, then why would essentially the same qualifiers be used for his pro success?

http://www.ogboards.com/forums/show...arch-2?p=1112693&highlight=jersey#post1112693

holy fuck, that is awful.

I feel good about my vote for Slim now.

You realize that I was making fun of people that said CP didn't accomplish anything at Wake right?

And I still think the argument could be made that RELATIVELY, it would more more difficult to be named 1st team AA rather than 1st team NBA.

Not that the same players at the same time would find it easier to be named All-NBA rather than AA.

All-NBA teams have a lot to do with popularity and how well that player's team does.

I think you could probably find more All-Americans on mid-major or mediocre teams in college than you'd find All-NBA players on shitty teams.

You realize that I was making fun of people that said CP didn't accomplish anything at Wake right?

And I still think the argument could be made that RELATIVELY, it would more more difficult to be named 1st team AA rather than 1st team NBA.

Not that the same players at the same time would find it easier to be named All-NBA rather than AA.

All-NBA teams have a lot to do with popularity and how well that player's team does.

I think you could probably find more All-Americans on mid-major or mediocre teams in college than you'd find All-NBA players on shitty teams.

winner!

akebono-taro.jpg

I've been skipping matchups where I don't find either of the contestants particularly noxious. This was going to be one of those that I skipped until I read the above.

Got it:

pos rep for bringing Slim into this thread. Excellent work.

I'm not following, can you explain further?

Back