• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WPT R32: 3. TheReff- 72, 6. keeper- 28

Who is worse?

• 3. TheReff

Votes: 72 72.0%
  • 6. keeper

Votes: 28 28.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
heavyweight first round match-up

Yea TheReff is definitely keepers apprentice. The funny thing in the real world TheReff is keepers bitch. Every group has that friend that hangs out with them that isn't really wanted, but the group keeps him around so they can make him do bitch things, make fun of him, and laugh at them. That is TheReff, so think about how awful you must be if you are keeper's bitch.

I have to say that Reff is a nice guy in person. For a few years he ran the boards golf tournament and hosted us after the round, and he's always giving away tickets and parking passes to games to Wake fans. I respect him for all that.

That said, I disagree with 99% of his posts, and his undying defense of officials, even when they're blatantly wrong, is ridiculous. Not to mention the constant harping about Greer and Odom.

The sad thing is, I actually think that when keeper speaks on Wake sports through the years, I think he has the most credibility on the boards. He's had the best seat in the house for basketball for decades and I hold his perspective on our major sport athletes in the highest regard.

Also, there's a part of me that respects his skill at pure trolling. He's elite at being able to make a pithy, 10 word statement to start a 200 post flamewar.

So these two points force me to vote for Reff, since I can't think of one redeeming quality of his posts to persuade me otherwise.

voted thereff since keeper hasnt been around in forever. absence, hearts, fonder and all that.

keeper cracks me up

Yup. I disagree with him on nearly everything but find his trolling hilarious. Plus, in all seriousness, when he contributes to discussions about the history of Wake Forest, it's usually spot on and I learn a lot.

I don't know what the pay is, but keeper works for Wellman. It's not smart to go on public message boards and berate your boss, or boss's boss or however he's structured in.

Yea TheReff is definitely keepers apprentice. The funny thing in the real world TheReff is keepers bitch. Every group has that friend that hangs out with them that isn't really wanted, but the group keeps him around so they can make him do bitch things, make fun of him, and laugh at them. That is TheReff, so think about how awful you must be if you are keeper's bitch.

yeah, that story about them at the baseball game was hilarious

Wasn't this the final in the inaugural Worst Poster Tournament? Keeper's death really changed things up around here.

The difference is that keeper knows he's trolling. He does it on purpose to get a rise out of people.

TheReff doesn't realize what he's doing.

I don't remember reading that. Cliffs?

2 posts relaying the experience from El Chupe American Hero:

The best part about the Reff getting shit on e-style vs. real life, is that I was at a baseball game once sitting close to him and keeper and once Reff left (or got up) all keeper did was shit on him behind his back.

So I'm not sure if that automagically makes Reff cooler in real life because clearly keeper doesn't really respect him (I didn't get the sense anyone did in that party of fans, though) and that might be a plus considering it's keeper; or if that just makes him that much more lame because keeper, of all people, was shitting on him.

I've been around keeper a few times IRL, and it was pretty funny when he was ripping The Reff to shreds behind his back at a baseball game. It wasn't malicious or anything, but it also wasn't just good natured ribbing. A bunch of old dudes were just ripping on him when he went to get a hot dog or something. The Reff is like the dork hanger on that these guys let hang out with them just so that they can have fun at his expense. I suspect that will surprise no one.

Back