• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WSJ article abut Dinos

If I were Dinos, I might think about declaring for the NBA draft this year. Just to get evaluated, to see what NBA people see as the holes in my game, and what (if anything) might make me draftable in another year.

That would also help answer the "where might I be living next year" question. It could shed light on the level of Euro- ball at which he might succeed.

I know his numbers are down a bit, especially compared to expectations, but coming off an injury and bulking up to be our only true 4 this year has been critical for this team. Slow but steady improvement on the defensive end as well - wouldn't be surprised if he regains his shooting touch for his senior season and has a big year. Lots of criticism thrown his way this year but we'd be seriously hurting without his inside presence.

If I were Dinos, I might think about declaring for the NBA draft this year. Just to get evaluated, to see what NBA people see as the holes in my game, and what (if anything) might make me draftable in another year.

That would also help answer the "where might I be living next year" question. It could shed light on the level of Euro- ball at which he might succeed.

good idea. i think i will declare too.

Nice article. And thanks to the local Greek community to make him feel so welcome.
Outdoor love to see him have a huge senior year.

NBA rules on declaring and then withdrawing have radically changed in the last few years. If Danny could get a few GM's and coaches to give Dinos a workout and eval, I'd go for it if I was Dinos. Better to find out now how far from NBA you are. Talk to Danny about what (if any) of that can be made up. Then plan on playing Euro ball. Also gives him some stuff to work on during the off season.

Is this completely a play option? I'm sure NBA teams don't just have an open door for any college kid. I'd think you'd need to be somewhere on the radar for them to make the effort.

Just asking as I don't know the answer.

Awesome article! I am really glad he came and decided to stay. It is nice we have the great Greek community & church to surround him with.

Back