• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WTF has happened to Wake Forest?

Freakindeacon33

Reaction score
It's one thing that our basketball team has gotten so bad that we might want to consider dropping to Division II. And that our football team lost to Duke and appears to be heading back to the pre-Grobe rock-bottom days.

I can deal with bad teams.

But what THE FUCK is going on with all the criminals and cheaters? Reading about Duran Lowe and looking at how few basketball upperclassmen are left, it struck me - over the past five years, we have made Florida State look like fucking Liberty. Criminoles? How about Deaconvicts?

TEN FUCKING PERCENT of our football team is on drugs - and that's just the guys who got caught!* Our backup safety is a dealer. And in basketball, the sheer volume of "bad apples" is even more appalling - we've had a guy suspended a semester for cheating, two guys caught stealing on campus, a guy assault his girlfriend and a guy get a DWI.

If it weren't for the fact that the other sports need the revenue, I'd say shut both the football and basketball programs down and start from scratch in a couple of years. As an alum, I'm embarrassed and outraged that our beloved teams have reached this point. Blame Dino all you want, but there's got to be more going on. I don't know what. But it's got to stop.

*I don't give a shit that "everyone" smoke pot. The large majority of "everyone" makes sure to not do it when they might be drug tested. When you have as much at stake as an ACC scholarship player does, LAY OFF THE FUCKING POT DURING THE SEASON.

FSU had an academic scandal that hit 1/3 of their football team. I don't think we necessarily make them look like Liberty.

So eventually we'll be so bad that even criminals will give up on us?

ron-wellman

Sounds like the drug test was a surprise after somebody narced them out.

(Insert lots of yelling, shouting, all-caps, frustrated, key-board-pounding, ranting here.)

FSU had an academic scandal that hit 1/3 of their football team. I don't think we necessarily make them look like Liberty.

Damn close. Has F$U had anyone arrested for dealing lately? And we've still got a month left in the season, don't rule out our number getting up to 1/3.

So, you think that the program should be shutdown because one player was arrested for dealing, and six others tested positive for pot use?

That's the way to deal with the issue?

Should WF finish the season or just bail right now and forfeit the final 6 games?

I guess WF should also advise the other 70+ kids that have done nothing wrong, and want to represent WF that they should just go elsewhere?

WF should also tell the 13 recruits committed to WF for next year that WF is imposing the death penalty on itself because a handful student-athletes smoked pot?

When determining the best way to deal with issues/problems or a crisis as they/it arise/s, quitting is not high on my list. Glad its also not on the list of Jim Grobe and those that make the decisions for WF.

Last edited:
not that i have any inside info but is the dealing charge only because he had a certain amount on him? like he picked up the pot for everyone and they paid him back?

not that i have any inside info but is the dealing charge only because he had a certain amount on him? like he picked up the pot for everyone and they paid him back?

I kind of wondered the same thing. Based on some real quick internet searching, it seems like you can be charged with that not only for having paraphernalia (scales, etc.) but also for the way the drugs are (in multiple baggies, etc.)

Note: I am not a lawyer, nor do I have any inside information, I'm just asking. I only looked it up because for some reason it was in my head that it was a charge based on how much you had on you.

So, you think that the program should be shutdown because one player was arrested for dealing, and six others tested positive for pot use?

That's the way to deal with the issue?

Should WF finish the season or just bail right now and forfeit the final 6 games?

I guess WF should also advise the other 70+ kids that have done nothing wrong, and want to represent WF that they should just go elsewhere?

WF should also tell the 13 recruits committed to WF for next year that WF is imposing the death penalty on itself because a handful student-athletes smoked pot?

When determining the best way to deal with issues/problems or a crisis as they/it arise/s, quitting is not high on my list. Glad its also not on the list of Jim Grobe and those that make the decisions for WF.

You're right. Obviously an emotional reaction by me. But it's got to stop somehow. This isn't just six kids testing positive and another being arrested (actually there was an eighth arrested IIRC). It's a pattern of unsavory behavior in our two revenue programs. Like I said, losing is one thing, but we're just taking hit after hit when it comes to football and basketball players embarrassing the university. Yes, it's selfish of me to think of it that way, but they are getting scholarships worth upwards of $200,000 over four years, $250,000 for some football players, with the purpose of representing the university in a positive fashion. That is why you give out scholarships.

You're right. Obviously an emotional reaction by me. But it's got to stop somehow. This isn't just six kids testing positive and another being arrested (actually there was an eighth arrested IIRC). It's a pattern of unsavory behavior in our two revenue programs. Like I said, losing is one thing, but we're just taking hit after hit when it comes to football and basketball players embarrassing the university. Yes, it's selfish of me to think of it that way, but they are getting scholarships worth upwards of $200,000 over four years, $250,000 for some football players, with the purpose of representing the university in a positive fashion. That is why you give out scholarships.

Well, they did test positive...

Do you holier-than-thou face paintin' mongoloids really think our "student" athletes are better than anyone else's? NO! In fact, ours are far worse, because they suck at sports!

Do you holier-than-thou face paintin' mongoloids really think our "student" athletes are better than anyone else's? NO! In fact, ours are far worse, because they suck at sports!

Exactly. Win a national championship, then get sanctioned for wrong doing like the rest of the stadiums that have banners hanging.

I kind of wondered the same thing. Based on some real quick internet searching, it seems like you can be charged with that not only for having paraphernalia (scales, etc.) but also for the way the drugs are (in multiple baggies, etc.)

Note: I am not a lawyer, nor do I have any inside information, I'm just asking. I only looked it up because for some reason it was in my head that it was a charge based on how much you had on you.

in NC 1.5+ oz pot = dealing, but as pointed out you can be charged with dealing while in possession of much much less.

TBH police can charge anybody with anything at any time. important fact to keep in mind.

Back