• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WTH, Charlotte?

Calm down. Winston-Salem (and many other cities) have similar tree ordinances. People go chain-saw crazy and assume trees are like big shrubs. The fact that a church was fined makes no difference, but it makes good copy for the newspaper.

I definitely thought that something was wrong with the ordinance until I saw that A) it's 30 years old and B) it doesn't apply to private residences. I like how they treat churches like a business. Ignorance of the law is no defense. The fine is ridiculously steep but they'll likely just replant anyway, reducing the expense.

Calm down. Winston-Salem (and many other cities) have similar tree ordinances. People go chain-saw crazy and assume trees are like big shrubs. The fact that a church was fined makes no difference, but it makes good copy for the newspaper.

Lopping the tops off crepe myrtles is a pet peeve of mine. Trees and shrubs are supposed to have foliage.

There's a joke here about how I like my bush.

Praise-the-LORD.jpg

Why the hell is the city suddenly deciding that the way 75% of people prune crape myrtles is the wrong way? They aren't pruned beyond repair to the point where they need to be replaced. Doesn't seem like it's the wrong way, but a matter of preference. You can prune them a couple different ways, but they have to be pruned. They grow like weeds. I'd like to know how many branches they're going to determine were cut for the fine, since there were probably about 1000 of them.

Back