• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wulfeck and Newman

SDeacz

Reaction score
Had much much much better games than at Syracuse.

Newman was perfect on 2 kicks that weren't chip shots.

And only saw Wulfeck miss 1. Kicking out of the endzone which was tough, but there was a full rush on and he was roughed. But he turned over a few today

What I'm concerned about is his best punt is 45 yards. 80 degrees today, no wind, and 45 yards when he got all of it.

ANd I don;t think Kinal is the answer to all those problems.. Watched him pregame and at halftime. BEst punt was 46-47 yards. Some decent hang times. But his misses were far worse than Wulfecks and he handed out a few footballs to the stands.

Our kickoffs remain short as well. We gave up some pretty good starting field position today.

I think Kinal has a lot of raw talent, but still has a lot to learn about football and consitency before he becomes our regular punter

I question how much you have to know about football to catch the snap and bash the friggin ball 50 yards.

Just sayin'

Had much much much better games than at Syracuse.

Newman was perfect on 2 kicks that weren't chip shots.

And only saw Wulfeck miss 1. Kicking out of the endzone which was tough, but there was a full rush on and he was roughed. But he turned over a few today

What I'm concerned about is his best punt is 45 yards. 80 degrees today, no wind, and 45 yards when he got all of it.

ANd I don;t think Kinal is the answer to all those problems.. Watched him pregame and at halftime. BEst punt was 46-47 yards. Some decent hang times. But his misses were far worse than Wulfecks and he handed out a few footballs to the stands.

Watched them warm up for the 2nd half. Wulfeck seems to take a split second more to position the ball 'just so' consistently before he kicks - usually pretty good. Kinal seemed to rush a bit in his hold such that the ball was positioned a bit differently on most every kick. When he got it into 'correct' position, he had some shots. Otherwise, a wounded duck. Hopefully, he can work those things out.
Yet, good game by Wulfeck - especially hold on placement kicks. He saved several today. Good job.

Watched them warm up for the 2nd half. Wulfeck seems to take a split second more to position the ball 'just so' consistently before he kicks - usually pretty good. Kinal seemed to rush a bit in his hold such that the ball was positioned a bit differently on most every kick. When he got it into 'correct' position, he had some shots. Otherwise, a wounded duck. Hopefully, he can work those things out.
Yet, good game by Wulfeck - especially hold on placement kicks. He saved several today. Good job.

Yes, Great insights. Saw Kinal kick the laces a few times. Seemed he dropped the ball different every time he kicked.

Wulfeck takes 3 steps, Kinal takes 2. Taking 3 steps is just not an option against FSU rush or Vtech.

I didn't see the raw talent. Kinal hit 4.8 a couple times. I think Wulfecks best kicks were actually in the game, and I didn't get a chance to time those. But pregame he was around 4.6.

I just didn't see this talent that everyone was raving about with Kinal. I didn't see a 50 yard punt or 5.0, and they were kicking with a slight 5-7 MPH breeze, 80 degree day, warming up. Pretty disappointing. But I think Wulfeck had a great game, considering his talent.

To Wulfeck's credit he did not have a terrible punt all day. Consistenly average. We can probably live with that.

Our kickoffs are horrible, while our punts are just meh. That being said, hopefully we see a lot more shitty kickoffs than meh punts going forward; I'd rather have a TD followed by a shitty kick-off where the other team starts at their own 35 than see more of a decent-but-not-great punting game.

Our punts were not great, but the coverage on them was perfect. I believe on the radio they said State had 0 punt return yards. So there is a silver lining there.

Our punts were not great, but the coverage on them was perfect. I believe on the radio they said State had 0 punt return yards. So there is a silver lining there.

We outcoverage our kicks.

Back