• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WVU Cancels Its Florida St. Game

looking at their 2012 schedule they're again better than everyone on there. They'll blow it as usual... but getting West Virginia off their schedule definitely helps them out. West Virginia was their toughest game.

September 1 Murray State Home
September 8 MYSTERY OPPONENT Home
September 29 USF Away
November 24 Florida Home

2012 Games with dates TBA
ACC home games: Boston College, Clemson, Duke, Wake Forest
ACC road games: Maryland, Miami, NC State, Virginia Tech

I'll be there in my Green but I have a feeling FSU/USF in Tampa will be pretty close to 50-50

On what grounds would FSU sue? There was an out in the agreed to contract they both agreed upon. WVU took the option for the out.
Yep. This stuff happens every time, every year. Sometimes schools just pussy out, and sometimes they have to do stuff do a scheduling overhaul due to conference realignment. I tend to think WVU is doing a bit of both here. Moving to the BXII, which is much stronger than the Big East, negates the need for an OOC scheduling boost. I doubt FSU has even sold tickets for next year's games yet so I don't see that they'd have any grounds for a suit.

I'll be there in my Green but I have a feeling FSU/USF in Tampa will be pretty close to 50-50

Fellow Bull? Nice.

Yeah, it's early in the season against a high profile opponent. This has USF win written all over it. I'll try to make it as well.

Fellow Bull? Nice.

Yeah, it's early in the season against a high profile opponent. This has USF win written all over it. I'll try to make it as well.

Exactly, I took the LSAT the same day as the game in Tally so there is no way I'm going to miss it at RayJay

Yep. This stuff happens every time, every year. Sometimes schools just pussy out, and sometimes they have to do stuff do a scheduling overhaul due to conference realignment. I tend to think WVU is doing a bit of both here. Moving to the BXII, which is much stronger than the Big East, negates the need for an OOC scheduling boost. I doubt FSU has even sold tickets for next year's games yet so I don't see that they'd have any grounds for a suit.

Our season tix went on sale in November but no single game tix had been sold yet.

Back