• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Yale

I think doofus is talking about this year in general. Against the ACC alone this year TCU, UNLV, Iona, Harvard, Tulane, Mercer, College of Charleston, Coastal Carolina, UTEP, Hawaii, Holy Cross, UMass, Saint Louis, New Mexico, and Boston University have wins.

The Pac 12 has losses against Idaho, UNLV, San Diego St., New Mexico, UC Riverside, Wichita St., Cleveland St., Wyoming, Loyola Marymount, Middle Tennessee, Saint Louis, Nevada, Cal Poly, Pepperdine, Fairfield, Northern Arizona, Southern Miss, Boise St., Montana St., UNCA, Cal State Fullerton, Portland, Weber St. and Fresno.

Last edited:
I think doofus is talking about this year in general. Against the ACC alone this year TCU, UNLV, Iona, Harvard, Tulane, Mercer, College of Charleston, Coastal Carolina, UTEP, Hawaii, Holy Cross, UMass, Saint Louis, New Mexico, and Boston University have wins.

The Pac 12 has losses against Idaho, UNLV, San Diego St., New Mexico, UC Riverside, Wichita St., Cleveland St., Wyoming, Loyola Marymount, Middle Tennessee, Saint Louis, Nevada, Cal Poly, Pepperdine, Fairfield, Northern Arizona, Southern Miss, Boise St., Montana St., UNCA, Cal State Fullerton, Portland, Weber St. and Fresno.

I think improved coaching and talent assures that we'll be better off than Utah, Arizona State, Clemson, or BC are this year. A UVA-like gaffe against one mid-major? Sure. Multiple losses and/or struggling to beat low-majors night-in, night-out? Not so much.

It is true that Utah, BC, ASU and Clemson inflate the hell out of that list. But prestigious programs in down years like UCLA threw in a couple and more to his point I think... FSU is good and the loss to Harvard wasn't even bad. Harvard is just good. UNLV beat a UNC team with about 47 Burger Boys and it didn't look all that flukey.

We are still at an unacceptable state for the program definitely, and should get back to dominating our OOC schedule. But majors in down years used to always dominate OOC regardless across the board, but for one reason or another that has been far from the case this year.

It is true that Utah, BC, ASU and Clemson inflate the hell out of that list. But prestigious programs in down years like UCLA threw in a couple and more to his point I think... FSU is good and the loss to Harvard wasn't even bad. Harvard is just good. UNLV beat a UNC team with about 47 Burger Boys and it didn't look all that flukey.

We are still at an unacceptable state for the program definitely, and should get back to dominating our OOC schedule. But majors in down years used to always dominate OOC regardless across the board, but for one reason or another that has been far from the case this year.

Are we comparing UNLV to Yale now?

Are we comparing UNLV to Yale now?

Out of the dozens of teams that I listed, many worse than Yale, you chose to pick out UNLV? My point was that one of the greatest collections of college basketball talent you will see lost to a mid-major without a bunch of highly recruited players.

Last edited:
UNLV under Tark is not the same team it is now. They were not a mid-major back then as they had the best recruits in the country, much like Memphis is not a mid-major now. They are solidly a mid-major again. And you can take them out if you want, it really doesn't change the landscape of college hoops.

Last edited:
Is there a streaming alternative if the game is not on ESPN3. Our site says theacc.com. Do they have a live-streaming for purchase option?

Back