• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Year 4: So were all on the same page...

RangersboysWFBB

Reaction score
So, personal attacks on the Scout board for daring to question the coaching prowess of Moral leader BZZ is what lead me over here to the OGB. For that, I will owe those fine folks over there (the 20 that still post) for this gift, into perpetuity.

However, from time to time I still creep around their board if for no other means then it is comedy gold, and I get to see the new talking points used to justify the existence of the contrarian for the sake of being contrarian group known as “BZZIN.” (FYI thanks for the heads up on the “Inside Carolina” Board as well: Good wholesome entertainment.)

Nowadays you see a whole lot of this tripe on their boards:

“This loss is on the players”

“Bzz is not the one at the free throw line”

“I still think Bzz is a good X’s and Os’ coach, but to be fair this is just not a very good team/roster.”

For any BZZINN’ers who may see this, you do understand that despite your intentions, these statements are not an excuses for BZZ as a coach but serve as serious indictments of his coaching performance, right?

This isn’t the NBA, there is no GM, and this is his 4th year: THIS IS HIS TEAM, HE CREATED IT. In College, 50% of your evaluation as a coach is your ability to recruit. In year 4, if you think this roster sucks then you think BZZ has sucked at 50% of his coaching responsibilities here at Wake.

I for one think the guy is an awful motivator, communicator, and teacher, and therefore, his inability to excel at any of these elements necessarily means he is a terrible “x’s and o’s coach” as well.

I also think his ability to recruit and manage a roster is condemnable (see 7 man recruiting class). However, I don’t think this roster is nearly as bad as some do and I do think a competent coach could come in here and really coach this group up.

Anyway, I just wanted to share my thoughts on the subject. Those statements may serve as excuse in year 1 and year 2 for whoever takes over after BZZ, but they are an indictment of BZZ in the middle of his 4th year at this program.

Last edited:
What the Buzz-ins are doing over on the other boards is really quite typical behavior. When people's world view is collapsing all around them, they will desperately cling to any fragments and claim that their view is still viable, even when it is obviously not. Ironically, the more they try to save face the more they lose it. See Ron Wellman as exhibit A.

I should also add that they try to maintain their ship-wrecked views by systematically excluding efforts to enlighten them. This is done by outright banning, or accusations of lack of civility, or labeling common sense thinking as lunatic fringe, or simply putting posters on ignore. In short, anything and everything to prevent the reality that they have been terribly mistaken from settling in.

Last edited:
Back