• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

You did it again, BUZZ. You. Did. It. Again.

There are far worse Bzzz quotes than that. I like he admitted he did a bad job and the performance was "sad."

I think he's throwing the kids under the bus in that last sentence. Coach speech be damned.

No, Moon, you're looking too hard on this 1. There's enough legit stuff to wail away at Buzzdick about, so no reason to go searching. And FWIW, I watched that Q&A last week and have been reading some of his post game comments. I think Wellman or someone else has spoken to him about what to say and not say because he's doing better. Not well, mind you, but better in that he's taking more responsibility and not throwing players and the prior regime under the bus. There's a way to acknowledge your team's weaknesses without getting pissy and saying "ask them, we went over it in practice."

What kills me is that he complained about depth for two years. Now we have some depth, and when our starting 5 comes out barely even challenging shots he doesn't pull anyone for it.

And it's not like it's the first time. But he just tries the exact same approach. Not that I'm a fan of Roy, but at least when his players come out like wake did against tech he'll stick all 5 starters on the bench.

It's like he doesn't hold them accountable on the court when it matters - but afterwards its easy to so. When tech hit double figures in the first minute or whatever I would have loved to have seen Bzz go immediately to the rountree/Madison press. Plus if they watched 5 minutes of the tech/UNC game they should have know tech melted down under pressure.

But no. We get minutes from chase because he's a "scorer".

Just awful.

If you guys couldn't see that performance coming you have not followed college sports very long. A very young team with fair to good talent will often follow up a good performance with a very poor effort, if anyone could figure out how to change that we need to hire them as our next coach.

If you guys couldn't see that performance coming you have not followed college sports very long. A very young team with fair to good talent will often follow up a good performance with a very poor effort, if anyone could figure out how to change that we need to hire them as our next coach.

We all saw it coming.... We also knew that the true Bzzz team we show up as well.

Isn't it a coach's job to ensure his players want it?

Fantastic point actually... someone should make a flowchart comparison: Where blame should be put vs. Where BZ puts it.

I went to The UNCG game today. It was refreshing to see a young energetic coach interact with his players. At one point Miller bumped chests with Simpson. UNCG's record may be bad this year...But, you can tell the players absolutely love playing for him. I'm not saying Miller would work here, but it was refreshing to see. BTW, Simpson blew up for 41 pts. Kid is a baller who should be playing at a major school.

#BuzzOut

BUT the guy gets picked apart for everything. What, exactly, is he supposed to say?

"We suck and its all my fault"?

"I am the worst coach in the history of basketball and I love losing"?

Personally, I think the team needs to stop eating at Ruth's Chris the night before a game. Results are always bad after eating there.

#BuzzOut

BUT the guy gets picked apart for everything. What, exactly, is he supposed to say?

Personally, I think the team needs to stop eating at Ruth's Chris the night before a game. Results are always bad after eating there.

"I resign."

No, Moon, you're looking too hard on this 1. There's enough legit stuff to wail away at Buzzdick about, so no reason to go searching. And FWIW, I watched that Q&A last week and have been reading some of his post game comments. I think Wellman or someone else has spoken to him about what to say and not say because he's doing better. Not well, mind you, but better in that he's taking more responsibility and not throwing players and the prior regime under the bus. There's a way to acknowledge your team's weaknesses without getting pissy and saying "ask them, we went over it in practice."

Clearly they have. He will catch himself deflecting responsibility, but then say "I'm the HC, it is my fault." It is not convincing that he really believes it though. Also, he is making a very awkward point to acknowledge the fans in his postgame radio interviews after home games. You can almost see him making the mental checkmark once he remembers to do so.

It is lile he is a junior intern trying to learn some of the ABC's of coaching. I don't know how he has made it to where he is. Representing MY university.

I picture bzz speaking in toastmasters while the rest of the staff shakes their heads in disbelief. Ronnie is sitting with his "i'm watching another blow out smack down laid on the coach I hired" stone face.

#BuzzOut

Are they using utensils these days at least?
#culture

Clearly they have. He will catch himself deflecting responsibility, but then say "I'm the HC, it is my fault." It is not convincing that he really believes it though. Also, he is making a very awkward point to acknowledge the fans in his postgame radio interviews after home games. You can almost see him making the mental checkmark once he remembers to do so.

This is spot on. He says what he really thinks, then immediately tries to say the right thing. He also seems to have eliminated some of his annoying trite statements like "there were tears in the locker room," etc.

Kinda like NC State last week.

Back