• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

YOU LAUGH YOU LOSE FTMFW

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that was my cat and my kid I would have punted that cat through a wall. Actually, even if it was my kid and someone else's cat.

...that's cool. I would make sure my kid was OK and then make sure they understand we don't hit animals.

and so as not to totally derail things:

funny-youtube-comments-gyote.jpg

...that's cool. I would make sure my kid was OK and then make sure they understand we don't hit animals.

Seriously? You would be OK having that animal around your small children? Children >>>>>> animals. If an animal can't be trusted not to attack a child - whatever the child does - then that animal simply can't be around kids.

I would cunt punt the cat for two reasons:

1) It's a cat
2) It attacked my child.

Then I would chastise my child because it just got beat up by a worthless cat.

Seriously? You would be OK having that animal around your small children? Children >>>>>> animals. If an animal can't be trusted not to attack a child - whatever the child does - then that animal simply can't be around kids.

I know I can train a dog and wouldn't have a dog around that I can't trust with kids, but a cat that's just been hit across the face like that? It's a cat. I don't know how you train a cat to NOT react to something like that. If I know the cat wouldn't do that unprovoked, then yeah- that cat could be around my small children. Obviously if it's a cat that is attacking my kids unprovoked, I'd give a different answer... but this situation looks pretty straightforward in terms of cause/effect. so again, I'd make sure my kid was OK and then make sure they understand we don't hit animals.

eta: thanks for the clarification that kids > animals. I wasn't sure before, but I think I get it now.

I know I can train a dog and wouldn't have a dog around that I can't trust with kids, but a cat that's just been hit across the face like that? It's a cat. I don't know how you train a cat to NOT react to something like that. If I know the cat wouldn't do that unprovoked, then yeah- that cat could be around my small children. Obviously if it's a cat that is attacking my kids unprovoked, I'd give a different answer... but this situation looks pretty straightforward in terms of cause/effect. so again, I'd make sure my kid was OK and then make sure they understand we don't hit animals.

eta: thanks for the clarification that kids > animals. I wasn't sure before, but I think I get it now.

I wasn't being smart with the kids >> cats thing - just pointing out that no animal is going to attack my child - no matter what. I just wouldn't have that animal around. Toddlers don't know any better - they will pull an animal's tail, climb on it, etc. If the animal can't be trained/trusted to be OK with that then they just have to go live somewhere else.

I wasn't being smart with the kids >> cats thing - just pointing out that no animal is going to attack my child - no matter what. I just wouldn't have that animal around. Toddlers don't know any better - they will pull an animal's tail, climb on it, etc. If the animal can't be trained/trusted to be OK with that then they just have to go live somewhere else.

I'm with you regarding dogs, but again- I've never met a cat that I thought was smart enough to understand this.

no matter, I won't have a cat, but if it was my friend's cat and my kid, I still can't fault the cat.

we will now continue with our regularly scheduled programming:
funny-call-me-maybe-hello-dog.jpg

no worries, lBE. a cat is a cat. you can't train it or have the same behavioral expectations as you would a dog.

Wonder if anyone who went on the zoo excursion saw this sign...

c9qciyF.jpg

Yea that kid might not have survived that vicious attack.

Definitely fault the cat instead of the dumbass parents that didn't teach their kid not to hit animals (or not to hit anything really)

Yea that kid might not have survived that vicious attack.

Definitely fault the cat instead of the dumbass parents that didn't teach their kid not to hit animals (or not to hit anything really)

BTW, I don't think anyone has mentioned it, but I think the cat had already done something to the kid before the video started. The kid is already really crying and appears to strike the cat in retaliation for something. Sure, you don't want to teach your kids to hit but I think the kid was provoked.

BTW, I don't think anyone has mentioned it, but I think the cat had already done something to the kid before the video started. The kid is already really crying and appears to strike the cat in retaliation for something. Sure, you don't want to teach your kids to hit but I think the kid was provoked.

Well then it was real smart of the parent to just sit there and film it instead of actually doing something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back