• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Youngins --- Sousa hits Sherman

I don't think so... Tanner Price is preparing for his best 2 years yet and will leave Wake Forest with just about every TD and yardage record at the school.

I see you've backed off the "he'll break EVERY record that Riley holds at Wake Forest" hyperbole a bit. Good on ya, lectro. Merry Christmas Adam.

I don't think so... Tanner Price is preparing for his best 2 years yet and will leave Wake Forest with every TD and yardage record at the school.

Sousa and Cameron will be in a great battle when their time comes and I have no gut feeling for how it will turn. Never has Wake Forest had 2 QB's with these types of pedigrees on the same team at the same time. "It's a Great Time to be a Demon Deacon in the Forest of Wake" -- as the lads out here sometimes say...

There, I fixed it for that special Holiday Douchebag without whom no season would be complete and no pork-chop would be seasoned...

Would love to hear a report on our stable of WRs...who's ready next year, freshman, incoming.

With Sousa at the helm in two years, do you think we would have to switch up the offense that much? Maybe a read/option attack like Oregon?

With Sousa at the helm in two years, do you think we would have to switch up the offense that much? Maybe a read/option attack like Oregon?

I asked Lectro a question similar to this via PM but he never responded, so I'll piggyback on to your question and leave it open to the boards as a whole - do you expect the coaching staff to use Sousa and Price in the same way that the Florida coaching staff used Tebow and Leak during Tebow's first 2 years at Florida (I think it was 2 years, could be wrong though)?

It seems to me that given how talented Price is as a pocket passer, yet still capable of running the ball if necessary, and given how big/fast/strong Sousa is, it would work well for us to run schemes that utilize both of those skills sets, where each QB is a threat to do one thing, yet is capable of doing something (Price to pass but capable of running, Sousa to run but capable of passing)

I hope this question is clear. It seems to make sense to me, especially when I read about the QB commit that's coming in next year, who could be the best prospect we've had IMO in a long time [T. Cameron]

I asked Lectro a question similar to this via PM but he never responded, so I'll piggyback on to your question and leave it open to the boards as a whole - do you expect the coaching staff to use Sousa and Price in the same way that the Florida coaching staff used Tebow and Leak during Tebow's first 2 years at Florida (I think it was 2 years, could be wrong though)?

It seems to me that given how talented Price is as a pocket passer, yet still capable of running the ball if necessary, and given how big/fast/strong Sousa is, it would work well for us to run schemes that utilize both of those skills sets, where each QB is a threat to do one thing, yet is capable of doing something (Price to pass but capable of running, Sousa to run but capable of passing)

I hope this question is clear. It seems to make sense to me, especially when I read about the QB commit that's coming in next year, who could be the best prospect we've had IMO in a long time [T. Cameron]

No, I don't expect them to. I've seen what happens when Lobo thinks he is being creative and innovative, so I'm not too disappointed about it. If we did play two QBs I'm willing to bet he'd botch it in some way that the majority of us would be up in arms begging him to stop out-witting himself. (Think fullback lined up out wide)

It certainly is a luxury to have a quandry at QB.

Never in any Deacon's lifetime has Wake Forest had 3 guys on the roster with the talents of Price,Sousa and Cameron @QB.

Price has greatly improved his running ability and I look forward to him as a 215-220 pound JR & SR on his 6'3 frame (remember, Tanner is still 19 years old)

Kevin is a real big, long armed kid who also has not fully matured. You are looking at a guy who may well be 6 foot 5 and 250 pounds with a rocket arm and running ability of Logan Thomas'. Rich Rodriguez targeted him as the Michigan QB of the future. Cameron is likely to enter WF at 6'3-225 pounds with wheels and arm.

All of these guys represent Tom Elrod's #1 QB prospect in each respective recruiting season.

Back