• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

your bucket list

1. Make bucket list based on everyone else's bucket list.

Nope, not like that at all. A lot of times I think of "all the things I want to do before I die" mainly in terms of places I want to go and trips I want to take. But I was thinking over the weekend about the things that I'd really like to have done in my life - like I'd be disappointed in the end if I missed them - and almost all those things are about people rather than places. So the question isn't as much about specific items people put on their list (Ooo, Thailand! Yeah, I want to go there, too!) as it is me being curious about what types of things people put on a "bucket list."

A big one for me is to go to a summer Olympics

1) fly an airplane
2) do 3-5 minutes of comedy open mic
3) sing and play guitar on stage in front of audience
4) see the Deacs in the Final Four live

taking a flying lesson this summer so I will have done that

1) See gorillas in the wild
2) Cage dive with great white sharks
3) Hike the AT
4) Ride a motorcycle across either the US or Africa

1) Race the 24 Hours of Lemans
2) Complete a 100+ mile trail Ultra-marathon
3) Complete the AT, non-stop.

3) Hike the AT

You should strongly consider combining 1 and 4.

every-which-way-but-loose-original.jpg

3. go on an hot air balloon ride

Hot air balloon ride is awesome. Got that as a 50th birthday present. Went in October when the leaves were changing. It was fantastic.

can't wait for the stories

I want to go back to Brazil and see Rio specifically, but I don't think going to their Olympics in two years will be a great idea. I'll be 33 by the time Tokyo 2020 happens, but right now I'm not looking at that as a viable option - I'm thinking it's going to be expensive as balls. So who knows where I'll be in life by that time.

1 -100: dueling pianos bar at ny ny in vegas

3) Hike the AT

Also, bro, if you're going to do any of this stuff, now is the time. No kids. Healthy. Still early in career. Gonna be way harder to take 6 months to hike the AT when you have a peanut or gout or whatever.

Visit Ireland and Alaska. Fish in Alaska.

Vacation in Montana or Wyoming in the spring and early summer, spend some time on horseback out there.

Have a nice inshore fishing boat.

Live to see what my kids become in their 30's.

Back