• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Your favorite album?

Dented

Retired
Reaction score
So the last couple songs on albums threads have got me thinking. I want to hear the favorite album overall from Pit bosses.

This is not the album which you think is the best all time. Just your personal favorite. So for instance, buckets would say 'Life and Times of S Carter' (Jay-Z) and deaccav would say 'Millennium' (Backstreet Boys).

This means pick one album.

Mine is probably Astral Weeks by Van Morrison.

Led Zeppelin IV

Aja is a close second.

the_black_crowes_-_1992_the_southern_harmony_and_musical_companion.jpg

emotionalism- avett brothers. if nothing else, just for the memories i associate with every single song on there.

Neil Young: Decade

I understand this is cheating a bit, since it's a compilation album but you didn't put any restrictions on your question.

I've pimped this album a million times on this board already
B00009M8IA.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

1 a) Paul Simon - Graceland
1 b) Neutral Milk Hotel - In the Aeroplane over the Sea

I've tried many times to pick a favorite between those two, but it ain't happening.

Gonna have to go with Zep IV as well. There isn't another album out there that packs that much awesome into 40 minutes.

I've pimped this album a million times on this board already
B00009M8IA.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Saw Jason Isbell (formerly of DBT) do an excellent acoustic show last week in Atlanta. He played several tunes from Decoration Day along with a bunch of his own stuff. So much damn talent!

Gonna have to go with Zep IV as well. There isn't another album out there that packs that much awesome into 40 minutes.

I definitely love Zeppelin IV, and the difference between this and my top 2 Zep albums is razor thin, but I prefer the two albums surrounding IV: III and Houses of the Holy.

Side 2 of Zeppelin III is perhaps the best 25 minutes of music ever conceived:

Gallows Pole
Tangerine
That's the Way
Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp
Hat's off to (Roy) Harper

Or perhaps its the starting trio of Houses of the Holy:

The Song Remains the Same
The Rain Song
Over the Hills and Far Away

Back