• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Your favorite "Live" albums

booradley

Reaction score
Don't care about the genre. I like too many to bother listing. Just feed me. Hopefully I'll end up with some good previously-unconsidered material to check out ...

We've done this thread before but:

220px-Thin_Lizzy_-_Live_and_Dangerous.jpg

220px-Neil_Young_%26_Crazy_Horse-Live_Rust_(album_cover).jpg

Pearl-Jam-Live-on-Two-Legs.jpg

folsomprisonblues_alb-afp.jpg

lateorchestration.jpg

Frampton Comes Alive, Rush in Rio.

Live and Dangerous is very good. Bowie has some great live albums, but my favorite might be Nassau Colosseum '76. Of course, Stop Making Sense has to be mentioned also.

Totally thought this was about the band and thought, "that's a weird thing to make a thread about".

Sorta makes me wonder why live is in quotes in the title. Are you implying that these albums weren't really live?

The Who - Live at Leeds
MC5 - Kick out the Jams
The Misfits - Evilive
KISS - Alive
Decline of Western Civilization Soundtrack
Slade Alive!

Last edited:
I really liked Listener Support by Dave Matthews. Great version of Jimi Thing and a really good cover of Johnny Cash's Long Black Veil

Totally thought this was about the band and thought, "that's a weird thing to make a thread about".

Sorta makes me wonder why live is in quotes in the title. Are you implying that these albums weren't really live?

No. As usual, I have no good reasons for what I do.

Keith Jarrett - The Koln Concert
Brad Mehldau - Art of the Trio, Vol. 4 (Village Vanguard)
Kurt Rosenwinkel - The Remedy Live (Vanguard)
Wilco - Kicking Television

Back