• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Your favorite Wilco album

FAVORITE, not best

• A Ghost is Born (2004)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wilco The Album (2009)

• The Whole Love (2011)

• Total voters

TownieDeac

words are futile devices
Reaction score
Poll coming

I am very excited to see them this summer, for my second time. I first saw them in support of Sky Blue Sky, and was absolutely blown away by Nels Cline. However, they have a fantastic catalog before he even joined the band.

Last edited:
Most would said YHF i'd imagine, but I think I prefer Summerteeth

Those were some quick tags. I am gonna deliberate, but it's between YHF, Summerteeth, Being There, and Sky Blue Sky for me.

This is harder for me than the best jazz album poll...

I know nobody (or very few) will vote for A. M. or one of the last two, but each of these albums has some spectacular songs on them.

I, for one, cannot fucking wait to see this song performed live:

Went with Summerteeth as much for the memories as for the awesomeness.

Are the Mermaid Avenue albums considered a Billy Bragg project?

I went with YHF. When you listen to the beginning of "I Am Trying to Break your Heart," Track 1, you know they've really figured it out. I've probably listened to AM the most though.

My two favorite Wilco songs are "How to Fight Loneliness" and "A Shot in the Arm." Actually, I take that back, they are "Hummingbird" and "Impossible Germany."

I won't be able to vote in my own poll.

Sky Blue Sky is admittedly the only album I've listened to enough to really judge, but I like it and need to get the others.

"Impossible Germany" is sooo good, love the guitar solo.

Kicking Television. They are best live, even if that doesn't really count as an "album."

Being There is an amazing album. Summerteeth would be second.

Also another fun poll option would have been "uncle tupelo was so much better"

agreed. plain old garbage works just fine.

agreed. plain old garbage works just fine.

diggler's image isn't showing up for me, but i'll go with:

35ivqa.jpg

I like all of them all up until there last two which have done nothing for me. Sky Blue Sky was a fun album and got a lot of airplay from me. Same for YHF and a Ghost is Born.

Complete copout, but I view these favorite album questions as if I could only listen to one, so I went with Kicking Television. Otherwise, I would have gone with Being There.

Back