• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Your Top 10 Best & Worst Uniforms in Sports (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL)

Really? I could understand hating the fishsticks from the 90s or that abomination they wore a few years ago, but I thought the current unis were a nice change.

I've never been a fan of the blue/orange combination. Its why I put the Mets on there as well, even though [nerd] I dig their font.[/nerd]

The abomination I assume you're referring to are these - classic, awful 90s:

Islanders16.png

I've never been a fan of the blue/orange combination. Its why I put the Mets on there as well, even though [nerd] I dig their font.[/nerd]

The abomination I assume you're referring to are these - classic, awful 90s:

Islanders16.png

Ny-islanders-07-jerseys.jpg

THIS is the abomination I was referring to from the mid-late 2000's

While the Fishsticks sweaters were bad, they were endearingly bad. Hideous in a cool, 90's way.

MLB Best: Dodgers, Giants, Cubs, Royals
MLB Worst: D-Backs, Miami, Cincinnati, Oakland
NFL Best: Cowboys, 49ers, Chargers, Giants
NFL Worst: Titans, Broncos, Vikings, Bengals..personally I dislike the Seattle uniform, but my son has a Lynch and an alt Russell Wilson, the rest of the neighborhood kids absolutely love them both. I guess it is a generational thing.
NBA Best: Lakers, Knicks, Celtics, Cavs
NBA Worst: Bobcats, Jazz, Mavs, Kings
NHL Best: Leafs, Red Wings, Canucks, Canadiens
Worst: Coyotes, Penguins, Bruins, Predators

MLB Best: Dodgers, Giants, Cubs, Royals
MLB Worst: D-Backs, Miami, Cincinnati, Oakland
NFL Best: Cowboys, 49ers, Chargers, Giants
NFL Worst: Titans, Broncos, Vikings, Bengals..personally I dislike the Seattle uniform, but my son has a Lynch and an alt Russell Wilson, the rest of the neighborhood kids absolutely love them both. I guess it is a generational thing.
NBA Best: Lakers, Knicks, Celtics, Cavs
NBA Worst: Bobcats, Jazz, Mavs, Kings
NHL Best: Leafs, Red Wings, Canucks, Canadiens
Worst: Coyotes, Penguins, Bruins, Predators

The Cavs? Can't agree on that one. I don't think I was alive the last time they had a passable uni.

When LeBron was there, I swear they had at least 10 different jerseys. They were all hideous for the most part.

Overall
Best: STL Cards, Canadiens, Bruins, Packers, Flyers
Worst: Bengals, Avalanche, CAR Panthers, Jaguars, Magic

MLB
Best: Cards, Cubs, Dodgers
Worst: Padres, D'backs, Marlins

NHL
Best: Canadiens, Bruins, Flyers
Worst: Avalanche, Preds, Panthers

NBA
Best: Celtics, Spurs, Lakers
Worst: Magic, Nets, Kings

NFL
Best: Packers, 49ers, Bears
Worst: Bengals, Jaguars, Panthers

Thoughts on the new Canes jersey's? Personally, I hate them compared to the old ones. They went too far on the "clean" look and made them generic.

images

I like the road whites. The reds look pretty plain though. Disappointed they seem to be phasing out the hurricane flag logo, which I always thought was cool (and was on the shoulders of the last uniforms).

The alternates (black) are the same as the old ones so the glad will still be there. The change I hate the most is getting rid of the warning flag trim around the bottom of the jersey.

I think an update was needed and overall they have actually grown on me throughout the day, I just wish they had retained a few of the features that made us not team Canada/Detroit.

Different view of the new uniforms:

22498585_BG1.jpg

Last edited:
Overall
Best: STL Cards, Canadiens, Bruins, Packers, Flyers
Worst: Bengals, Avalanche, CAR Panthers, Jaguars, Magic

MLB
Best: Cards, Cubs, Dodgers
Worst: Padres, D'backs, Marlins

NHL
Best: Canadiens, Bruins, Flyers
Worst: Avalanche, Preds, Panthers

NBA
Best: Celtics, Spurs, Lakers
Worst: Magic, Nets, Kings

NFL
Best: Packers, 49ers, Bears
Worst: Bengals, Jaguars, Panthers

Man, the Nets now have about the coolest unis in hoops. Basic black and white with a decent new logo. I'll give you the Nets mostly sucked throughout their history, but now they're great.

The alternates (black) are the same as the old ones so the glad will still be there. The change I hate the most is getting rid of the warning flag trim around the bottom of the jersey.

I think an update was needed and overall they have actually grown on me throughout the day, I just wish they had retained a few of the features that made us not team Canada/Detroit.

Different view of the new uniforms:

22498585_BG1.jpg

I think the new Canes unis strips away a lot of the identity of the Franchise. The previous jerseys were uniquely Carolina with the warning flags and the bottom trim. In trying to go "classic" they went too far and ended up generic. Hopefully the fan feedback will get them to add some elements back in. The current fan reaction is not very good.

I think the new Canes unis strips away a lot of the identity of the Franchise. The previous jerseys were uniquely Carolina with the warning flags and the bottom trim. In trying to go "classic" they went too far and ended up generic. Hopefully the fan feedback will get them to add some elements back in. The current fan reaction is not very good.

This is exactly what I think as well. If you take the Hurricanes logo off the front of the new jersey you would probably say they were Red Wings jerseys. The old jerseys might have been dated, but at least they were unique to the hurricanes.

I really liked the old Canes jerseys a lot. I even have a red Staal one that I wear to games. I didn't think they needed a change at all, honestly.

This is exactly what I think as well. If you take the Hurricanes logo off the front of the new jersey you would probably say they were Red Wings jerseys. The old jerseys might have been dated, but at least they were unique to the hurricanes.

Well at least two people read the N&O :cool:

Yeah, the warning flags made that jersey awesome. Not a fan of the new ones.

Back