• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

youth tickets

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
I have tickets on the hill for tomorrow's game. Can anyone tell me how old you can be to use a Youth ticket? Would a 14-year-old be able to use it? Thanks.

Looking for 3 youth hill tix....anyone???

They have actually been checking. 18 and below is considered a child.

They should be grateful to anyone willing to go to the trouble to go to a game against Gardner-Webb....much less pay to do it....when they could be somewhere else watching Michigan vs Notre Dame and/or Michigan State vs Oregon.

Wake Forest games are not solely about the quality of the teams that are playing. It is about supporting the school. It's not about the names on the back of the jerseys but the university they are representing. I have no connection to Michigan or Michigan State or Notre Dame or Oregon. I could care less about them. I am connected to Wake Forest and I care a great deal.

I wasn't talking about WF, I was talking about Gardner-Webb....and the point I was trying to make was evidently lost: If WF aspires to this level of college football, they have no business playing teams like Gardner-Webb. This is more like a sure-win practice scrimmage, not a real game. It's worse than charging NFL season-ticket holders full price for pre-season games when they are just working out new players who are trying to make the team for much of the game. If WF has to play teams like Gardner-Webb to achieve a winning record, they should be playing in a lower-level conference.

Who's Alabama playing today?

I wasn't talking about WF, I was talking about Gardner-Webb....and the point I was trying to make was evidently lost: If WF aspires to this level of college football, they have no business playing teams like Gardner-Webb. This is more like a sure-win practice scrimmage, not a real game. It's worse than charging NFL season-ticket holders full price for pre-season games when they are just working out new players who are trying to make the team for much of the game. If WF has to play teams like Gardner-Webb to achieve a winning record, they should be playing in a lower-level conference.

FSU is playing the Citadel, Alabama is playing FAU and TAMU is playing Lamar (never even heard of this school) this week - Wake playing Gardner Webb is no way indicative of what level of football Wake should be playing. Pretty much every Power 5 conference team schedules 1 or 2 glorified scrimmage games each year.

It doesn't matter who Wake is playing or why they are playing a specific team. What matters is that Wake Forest is playing, not in a practice scrimmage but in a game that counts towards the won-loss record, bowl eligibility, etc.

What a miserable dude.

And that is one big thing that is wrong with college sports today. It's all about money. The entire concept of amateur collegiate athletics has long since vanished.

Just lead with this in every thread and be done with it.

What about when Georgia Tech beat Cumberland State 222-0 in 1916? Was there something wrong with college sports then?

Well, it's an extremely important point that can't be made too often. It's the reason why we aren't playing Carolina in football every year, and why we don't play Carolina, Duke & NC State home & home in basketball every year.

Anyone who thinks this makes for a good college experience for WF students to look back on as the years go by is nuts, in my opinion.

Even though it has now been 46 years since I graduated from WF, the four football games we played against Carolina (and we won the last three of them) are still among my strongest & most cherished memories of my time there.

Imagine how happy you'd be if Carolina had won more of them.

And that is one big thing that is wrong with college sports today. It's all about money. The entire concept of amateur collegiate athletics has long since vanished.

If it was all about the money, we'd be playing Tennessee in Charlotte or some BS like that.

I can just see today's WF students thinking back on their days at WF 40 years from now and saying: "You remember that big win we had against Gardner-Webb during our junior year? Man, that was a great day!"

So, when you were at Wake, they never played any Gardner-Webb type schools?

So miserable. So, so miserable. Someone send this guy a flower and a beer.

I can just see today's WF students thinking back on their days at WF 40 years from now and saying: "You remember that big win we had against Gardner-Webb during our junior year? Man, that was a great day!"

Well it may be the only game this season they'll look back on and remember a win. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that you're not just trolling. I don't like like every effect of big money on college fb but it's just the way it is. And the benefit is more games on tv and longer seasons. This thread is for people excited to see the first home game of the season under a new coach.

Back