• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Zac Brown Band tomorrow at the Joel

BillBrasky

#PSF
Reaction score
Anybody else going? I have to admit that I'm getting really excited about the concert. It will the first country concert I've been to in at least 5 years, I'm normally not a big fan of them, but for some reason ZBB just seems like they will bring it live. However I've never actually been to a concert at the Joel, so am a little worried about the acoustics and sight lines.

Also I really hope the weather is nice. There are ten of us going in my group and I would really like to tailgate for a couple hours.

Last edited:
Zac Brown should be sick. Their live album from the Fox Theater in Atlanta is incredible. Big fan of those guys.

I'm going to see Kenny Chesney/Zac Brown Band at FedEx in June. Super pumped.

In plus about 30. Should be a good afternoon to tailgate a little beforehand.

They were pretty good the other night with James Taylor at the ACM awards.

elephant-poop-paper-printed.jpg

Anybody else going? I have to admit that I'm getting really excited about the concert. It will the first country concert I've been to in at least 5 years, I'm normally not a big fan of them, but for some reason ZBB just seems like they will bring it live. However I've never actually been to a concert at the Joel, so am a little worried about the acoustics and sight lines.

Also I really hope the weather is nice. There are ten of us going in my group and I would really like tailgate for a couple hours.

Very nice.

Couple of us are looking to go but will probably just try and scalp some cheap tickets outside the Joel tomorrow.

it will be the first time the Joel was full in a while :rulz:

Marquee, you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground. Zac Brown Band live is light years better than their album stuff.

ZBB will definitely bring it live. Great musicians, including the incomparable Clay Cook. Saw them in Feb '09 on a music cruise when this band lineup was just coming together. They had a midnight show that ran until 5:30 a.m. Ridiculous!

[Redacted] will be there. He's a fan. For serious.

I was working preakness last year (there's a shot on NBC of him singing standing right over me) and we were sharing a bathroom with the artists (Zac Brown Band and OAR). Well I went back there to go to the bathroom and waited in line for a minute until Zac Brown came out and held the door for me. We had an awkward hello/nod and that was that.

Cool story Bro-Magnon

Will be there as well. Saw them last year in Charlotte. They are awesome live. Great great show. Looking forward to the show tomorrow.

They were at MerleFest last year as well.

zzzzMoon, I'ma take you camping/drinking/shooting with me and my buddies one weekend. Poker, catfish, country music, cheap beer, etc. You'll be having the time of your life within 24 hours, guaranteed. It'll change your life.

Very nice.

Couple of us are looking to go but will probably just try and scalp some cheap tickets outside the Joel tomorrow.

Yeah I have a couple friends who may be trying to scalp cheap tickets as well.

Also I'm not sure where we will be set up but peeps are more than welcome to stop by our tailgate.

Literally never heard one of their songs...what genre are they/who do they sound like?

Literally never heard one of their songs...what genre are they/who do they sound like?

Country Jam Band...cross between Jimmy Buffett, Dave Matthews and some country act...someone will have to help me out on that one.

Awesome show. Played all the songs I wanted to hear as well as devil went down to Georgia. The lead singer for the opening band "blackberry smoke" had an epic neard by the way.

I think they are kind of a hybrid country/southern rock/americana band. They played a great show. And blackberry smoke (opening act) was actually pretty good. The cover of Tom Petty was solid. Lead singer did have an amazing beard, kind of scary actually. Also, Coach [Redacted] was in attendance.

Back