• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ziggy's! July 29th Grand Reopening

please get some good acts. i'm tired of driving to carrboro on weeknights just to see a worthwhile show.

The opening weekend line-up leaves a lot to be desired. Was expecting much more than just a bunch of local bands for the big celebration. Oh, and I didn't realize that the new Ziggy's is gonna be serving food- everything from burgers to steak. Weird.

The opening weekend line-up leaves a lot to be desired. Was expecting much more than just a bunch of local bands for the big celebration. Oh, and I didn't realize that the new Ziggy's is gonna be serving food- everything from burgers to steak. Weird.

Agree, would have thought at least one headline type band from out of town would be in the lineup.

I believe you are a month too early.

I'm excited for next month's opening nevertheless...

I know we have a lot of young 'uns on this board. How many posters experieced Ziggy's in both the original location (where the Joel now is) and the second location on Baity St? I remember sitting on the picnic tables in the courtyard behind the house in the original location listening to Johny Quest and various other bands.

I know we have a lot of young 'uns on this board. How many posters experieced Ziggy's in both the original location (where the Joel now is) and the second location on Baity St? I remember sitting on the picnic tables in the courtyard behind the house in the original location listening to Johny Quest and various other bands.

In. Used to sneak underage into the original location during high school, particularly to watch The Right Profile, and would drive up regularly to the Baity St. location while I was at Davidson. Once I started Wake law, I was there multiple nights/week and have been "Jay's lawyer" ever since ... even though I've never done a bit of work for him!

Some epic nights @ the Baity St. location ...

I once gave the single greatest saxophone performance ever seen at Ziggy's.... the stuff of legends.

Wow, I didn't know there was a location before Baity Street!

One of my favorite shows ever was Jump Little Children at Ziggy's.

LOL @ them still bringing Cowboy Mouth to Ziggy's 20 years later. Jesus, guys. Get some new acts.

I hope the acts don't suck the entire fall, I was hoping they would have a big opening in august but the acts are still pretty lame.

Ziggys was the best and has highly been missed.

Not a lot of great stuff coming up but would go see Jamey Johnson, Perpetual Groove and Queensryche.

I bet they get lucky with a couple of acts and that leads to more bands coming. Should be awesome though.

Back