• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial Soccer Transfer Thread (NWT)

Actually, no; I don't feel like that's an option.

Sturridge wants to play CF. Klopp wants him to play wide right. Liverpool has reportedly had interest in Walcott in the past and he is a wide right forward. Arsenal need a CF.

I don't know, all the pieces fit.

Sturridge wants to play CF. Klopp wants him to play wide right. Liverpool has reportedly had interest in Walcott in the past and he is a wide right forward. Arsenal need a CF.

I don't know, all the pieces fit.

Sturridge scores far too many goals to hand him over to Arsenal. He's going to get plenty of time at CF but when he's playing with Origi, some of the time he'll play wide. It's not that big of deal.

We're kind of looking for someone who will stay healthy and score more goals than Giroud.

Perez, huh ?

Not Mahrez, not Lacazette, not Higuain, not Icardi, not Griezmann, not James.

Glad to get Mustafi done though, and not for 50 million either.

That was probably worth it for the goal he scored against Manchester United in the FA Cup though.

LOL Valencia !

That was probably worth it for the goal he scored against Manchester United in the FA Cup though.

LOL Valencia !

post-46297-Roy-Hodgson-England-World-Cup-Y58a.gif

Meh, he'll never get away with that move again. And the cross was misplayed by Neuer and every other German defender.

Liverpool have apparently bid £11 million on Christian Pulisic. Would love to see him at Liverpool but I don't know that he's likely to see any more playing time on a team that's deep in attackers and not in Europe than he would if he stayed at Dortmund.

Liverpool have apparently bid £11 million on Christian Pulisic. Would love to see him at Liverpool but I don't know that he's likely to see any more playing time on a team that's deep in attackers and not in Europe than he would if he stayed at Dortmund.

I'm no mathematician, but that's ~ 1/2 Stoke's bid, right?

I think the rumor from Bild was 20 million, but that was probably in Euros, and Bild puts almost anything out there -- Kicker seems to be more reliable. So, I don't doubt that Stoke has interest, but I doubt the valuations are that far apart.

That being said, all parties have to agree, so if Pulisic is set on moving but really wants Liverpool, they can't get him for whatever price they want, but they might be able to get him for less. That's also not considering add-ons. If the Liverpool press is reporting 11 million pounds, then I wouldn't be surprised if that was on the low end of the potential value of the transfer. 11 million pounds + for a 17 year old is pretty good cash. Klopp brought Pulisic through to the first team to train when he was 16. He didn't get a full run out until Tuchel, but apparently Klopp loves Pulisic, and Pulisic and his dad love Klopp.

I think he should stay, but Dortmund also just bought Emre Mor, Dembele, Schürrle, and Götze, for relatively big money, to play in the positions he'd most likely see time -- that's in addition to Kagawa and Reus, none of whom are really old, so you can see where Pulisic might want to keep his options open; plus, Liverpool would probably pay him more.

Last edited:
I think the rumor from Bild was 20 million, but that was probably in Euros, and Bild puts almost anything out there -- Kicker seems to be more reliable. So, I don't doubt that Stoke has interest, but I doubt the valuations are that far apart.

That being said, all parties have to agree, so if Pulisic is set on moving but really wants Liverpool, they can't get him for whatever price they want, but they might be able to get him for less. That's also not considering add-ons. If the Liverpool press is reporting 11 million pounds, then I wouldn't be surprised if that was on the low end of the potential value of the transfer. 11 million pounds + for a 17 year old is pretty good cash. Klopp brought Pulisic through to the first team to train when he was 16. He didn't get a full run out until Tuchel, but apparently Klopp loves Pulisic, and Pulisic and his dad love Klopp.

I think he should stay, but Dortmund also just bought Emre Mor, Dembele, Schürrle, and Götze, for relatively big money, to play in the positions he'd most likely see time -- that's in addition to Kagawa and Reus, none of whom are really old, so you can see where Pulisic might want to keep his options open; plus, Liverpool would probably pay him more.

Yeah, Dortmund is ultimately the best place for him developmentally, but it's hard to go from getting real minutes in the Bundesliga to having your best shot at minutes being with the reserves.

Yeah, Dortmund is ultimately the best place for him developmentally, but it's hard to go from getting real minutes in the Bundesliga to having your best shot at minutes being with the reserves.

Why is Dortmund the best place for him developmentally?

4046fdb0e7f0c11aefa7b74de60440da.jpg

Look what Manifest drunkenly purchased last night. Now i just have to figure how to swing it wth work.

Back