• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial Soccer Transfer Thread (NWT)

Arsenal apparently willing to let wilshere leave on loan for 1st team football

Liverpool couldn't get Chilwell so they're in for Fuchs now apparently

Wilshere's got less than 48 hours to find a team. Probably a good move for him.

Poor Sunderland... No one want's to go there

DOUBLE BLOW FOR BLACK CATS

We understand Vicente Iborra's move to Sunderland is off, after Sevilla changed their mind about selling the midfielder.

A £7.7m deal was agreed in writing at the end of last week and personal terms were also agreed with the player, however, the Spaniards have now had second thoughts.

We understand Sunderland are also set to miss out on Tottenham midfielder Ryan Mason, who is close to joining Hull instead.

---------------------------

HART FAVOURED MOVE ABROAD

We understand Joe Hart chose to join Torino on loan, despite Sunderland’s efforts to land him.

Our colleagues at Sky in Italy believe the Black Cats were prepared to pay a large slice of his wages.

However, we understand Hart was keen to play abroad - and City agreed. The goalkeeper is due to arrive at the Torino training centre about 2pm UK time ahead of finalising his loan.

Arsenal's Serge Gnabry will join Bayern Munich permanently before spending the rest of this season on loan at Werder Bremen, according to Sky Germany

Arsenal's Serge Gnabry will join Bayern Munich permanently before spending the rest of this season on loan at Werder Bremen, according to Sky Germany

I'm pumped if the 8 mil number is true. Good long term play for us on the cheap.

I'm pumped if the 8 mil number is true. Good long term play for us on the cheap.

Is it though? He had a nice run in the Olympics but he's a 21 year old that couldn't get time for West Brom last season, much less Arsenal.

Is it though? He had a nice run in the Olympics but he's a 21 year old that couldn't get time for West Brom last season, much less Arsenal.

I'm fine with spending 8 mil on him. If it doesn't pay off then it's not much of a hit financially and the upside is worth it.

3 of the gems of Tottenham's academy in recent years have all been sold this window - Alex Pritchard to Norwich for 8m GBP, Nabil Bentaleb to Schalke 04 for 17m GBP and now Ryan Mason to Hull for 13m GBP. With Townsend gone in the January window for 16m GBP ... Spurs have raised over 50m GBP this calendar year from just youth products.

Doubt much of it gets spent on anything other than the stadium though. I expect tomorrow to be pretty quiet for Spurs, unless it's something cheap and out of the blue like the rumored possible loan move for Isco.

Middlesbrough have signed Arsenal defender Calum Chambers on a season-long loan deal

The 21-year-old joined the Gunners from Southampton for £16m in July 2014 and has played 59 times for Arsene Wenger's side.

Middlesbrough have signed Arsenal defender Calum Chambers on a season-long loan deal

The 21-year-old joined the Gunners from Southampton for £16m in July 2014 and has played 59 times for Arsene Wenger's side.

Chambers is one of the reasons Arsenal didn't win a third straight FA Cup or the Permiership last season. Maybe he'll get better and we can sell him.

Sky sources: Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere is considering loan offers from Watford, Crystal Palace, Bournemouth, Sporting Lisbon and Benfica.

Sporting is interesting. Replacement for Adrien Silva when Leicester get him and Slimani :)

3 of the gems of Tottenham's academy in recent years have all been sold this window - Alex Pritchard to Norwich for 8m GBP, Nabil Bentaleb to Schalke 04 for 17m GBP and now Ryan Mason to Hull for 13m GBP. With Townsend gone in the January window for 16m GBP ... Spurs have raised over 50m GBP this calendar year from just youth products.

Doubt much of it gets spent on anything other than the stadium though. I expect tomorrow to be pretty quiet for Spurs, unless it's something cheap and out of the blue like the rumored possible loan move for Isco.
didn't Poch say there'd be a couple signings? I expect N'Koudou is one and apparently we just signed a Colombian youth but I'm not sure he counts. Maybe still in for Isco?

Back