• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial Soccer Transfer Thread (NWT)

GNABRY LEAVES ARSENAL

Serge Gnabry has joined Werder Bremen from Arsenal for an undisclosed fee, understood to be in the region of £8m.

Sad we didn't get Gnabry but eh oh well. By far one of the most confusing deals of the summer. It is interesting that 11 out of the 18 Bundesliga teams broke their transfer record this year.

Stoke confirm the loan signing of Porto defender Bruno Martins Indi. The deal includes an option to buy.
CrMs6EuWgAIre_b.jpg

Of the players Liverpool were hoping to ditch, whether to sell or loan, Sakho, Ilori and Markovic seem to be staying. Markovic seemed to be on the verge of a move to Sporting, to be reunited with Jorge Jesus, then rumors of Milan and Newcastle, but nothing came through. Ilori got some interest from a couple of clubs, but only for loan, and I think Liverpool wants to sell.

I think they upgraded this window, but at the same time it's a little odd they weren't able to get a left back or a midfielder with presence (whether that's physical, attitude, or a game management presence) -- I think most of the squad is kind of soft. I'd also like another explosive offensive player, but hey, whatcha gonna do.

BREAKING NEWS

Here we go! Everton are in talks with Newcastle to sign Moussa Sissoko, according to Sky sources.

Newcastle want £30 million for the France midfielder and are willing to accept payment in five installments of £6m.

Tottenham are also interested but talks have broken down over Newcastle’s valuation of the player.

Juventus have reached an agreement with Chelsea to sign Juan Cuadrado on loan for three years.

Juventus have the option to sign the player on a permanent basis for €25 million and are due to pay Chelsea €5m per season for the duration of the loan.

Of the players Liverpool were hoping to ditch, whether to sell or loan, Sakho, Ilori and Markovic seem to be staying. Markovic seemed to be on the verge of a move to Sporting, to be reunited with Jorge Jesus, then rumors of Milan and Newcastle, but nothing came through. Ilori got some interest from a couple of clubs, but only for loan, and I think Liverpool wants to sell.

I think they upgraded this window, but at the same time it's a little odd they weren't able to get a left back or a midfielder with presence (whether that's physical, attitude, or a game management presence) -- I think most of the squad is kind of soft. I'd also like another explosive offensive player, but hey, whatcha gonna do.

Georges-Kevin Nkoudou to Tottenham official, and Slimani has passed a medical at Leicester

Meanwhile, Mourinho is at home smoking a cigar and enjoying a excellent red.

Back