• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial Champions League Thread 2014-2015 (non-dv7 Topic)

vadimivich

Reaction score
Playoffs started tonight ...

Spartak beat Fenerbache in Moscow 2-1

Dynamo Kyiv is up 2-1 over Monchengladbach IN Germany, with my BOI Yarmalenko scoring. That would be a big time upset.

Last edited:
СПАРТАК НАВСЕГДА!!!

Emmanuel+Emenike+FC+Dynamo+Moscow+v+FC+Spartak+zesvN18dmxgl.jpg

Where are we in this thing? The winners of these H2H get plugged into the group stages next? Is that right?

Yes, we're in the "Playoff Round" which is where teams that finished out of the guaranteed group stages from the big leagues face off. 8 teams will advance from this round to the group stages.

Dynamo Kyiv is now up 3-1 in the first leg, in Germany. This is going to be a GIANT hole for Monchengladbach to climb out of, and would be a shocking upset.

I'm interested to see how Malaga does tomorrow. Saviola signing on hold so the only one they have will be 16 year old, youngest La Liga goal scorer ever, Samuel Eto'o foundation graduate Fabrice.

Also just to show the chaos/amateur hour nature that the club has turned into, they released the tickets a couple days ago and people had to wait in hours long lines for them, causing season ticket holders to not get their tickets and for the stadium to not be close to a sell out at the moment

Tuesday was a pretty big day for the away teams:

Dynamo Kyiv won 3-1 in Monchengladbach
Celtic won 2-0 away to Helsingborg
CFR Cluj won 2-1 away to Basel

Even Fenerbache snagged a goal in Moscow against Spartak making for a nervy return leg to Turkey. Only Kobenhavn took care of business at home with a 1-0 shutout.

I'm interested to see how Malaga does tomorrow. Saviola signing on hold so the only one they have will be 16 year old, youngest La Liga goal scorer ever, Samuel Eto'o foundation graduate Fabrice.

Also just to show the chaos/amateur hour nature that the club has turned into, they released the tickets a couple days ago and people had to wait in hours long lines for them, causing season ticket holders to not get their tickets and for the stadium to not be close to a sell out at the moment

Yeah, and the draw did them no favors - Panathanaikos will be a tough opponent.

I'm looking forward to the Balkan derby tonight between Zagreb and Maribor - I expect that the crowd will be great for that (it's in Zagreb and the Bad Blue Boys are no longer boycotting European matches).

Very happy for Malaga. They've got a pretty decent fanbase for a club that has always sucked and also been restarted like 8 times due to running out of money. And then they got a lot of hope only to be dashed this summer. Good for them

So ... Spartak fans burned a giant picture of Ataturk in the stands in Moscow on Tuesday against Fenerbahce. In retaliation, Turkish hackers have crashed Spartak's website today.

Not that Turkish crowds need any more reason to be absurdly wild, but Fenerbahce is the people's club - Ataturk himself donated personal funds to the club - and bringing the world's largest Orthodox club and the collection of ultras that come with that (there will be lots of Serbs there) into Instanbul after already tweaking the dragons tail? It's going to be absolutely unholy hell inside of that stadium next week.

NOT CL, Europa league recap

Anzhi beat AZ Alkmaar (Jozy) 1-0. Second leg is at Alkmaar so they are still in it. Jozy started and played the whole 90

Newcastle are currently tied 1-1 with a team from Greece. LFC about to get started with Hearts (Scotland). Both LFC and NUFC play the second legs at home.

Anzhi beat AZ Alkmaar (Jozy) 1-0. Second leg is at Alkmaar so they are still in it. Jozy started and played the whole 90

Every team in the competition is pulling for AZ in that one ... I can guarantee you no one wants to have make the trip to Dagestan on a Thursday night (well, really - ever). Say Liverpool gets them in the group stages - it'd be a 12,000km round trip!

Then go Anzhi. Then draw Liverpool.

Or, Hearts can just knock them out. I'd laugh.

Back