• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial Champions League Thread 2014-2015 (non-dv7 Topic)

hahahahahhahaha

SYNCHRONIZED-DIVING.gif

Every team in the competition is pulling for AZ in that one ... I can guarantee you no one wants to have make the trip to Dagestan on a Thursday night (well, really - ever). Say Liverpool gets them in the group stages - it'd be a 12,000km round trip!

They're not playing European games in Dagestan

Malaga's win over Panathanaikos also ensures Paris St Germain will be in pot three, not 4, for the Champions League group stage draw

Potential group of Real Madrid, Man City, PSG and Dortmund still on

Call me crazy but I truly think they should allow more than 3 subs for extra time. Extra time is absolutely dreadful almost always. It's a competition of who doesn't drop dead from exhaustion, not soccer

Yeah, I think they should allow one additional sub if it goes to ET.

It would've been fun to have a pot 4 that was scarier than pot 2 or 3.

Pot 3 already has Juve and PSG though. Add Dortmund and there will be some very stacked groups.

Actually looking closer at things there's no real way that Dortmund won't be dumped into pot 4. The real winner in that is Bayern.

Dynamo Kiev will be the final Pot 2 team barring a massive meltdown tomorrow.

The remaining teams, listed in coefficient order. I've bolded the teams that have already qualified for the group stage.

Dynamo Kiev
-------------------- current Pot 2 line
Olympiacos
Ajax

Basel
Anderlecht
Juventus

Copenhagen
Spartak Moscow
PSG
Fenerbahce
Lille
Galatasaray
Celtic
Borussia Dortmund
BATE Borisov
Dinamo Zagreb

Cluj
Malaga
Borussia Monchengladbach
Helsingborg
Montpellier
Nordsjaelland

I believe that Dortmund is officially incapable of making that top 8

Last edited:
Juve pot 3 and Dortmund pot 4 while Dinamo Kyiv is in pot 2 just shows how ridiculous the coefficient ratings really are.

the Europa League counting as much as the CL shows how ridiculous the coefficients are. There's no need for any argument over it after that nonsense

You'll never hear 40,000 people shut up so suddenly as just happened in Istanbul. Spartak with the key away goal early in the match with McGeady finding Ari in the box with a gorgeous cross. AWESOME.

Back