• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#BuzzOut Website: FireBz.com. "3 year pattern that needed to be addressed" R Wellman

I was looking at who Miami had lost to this season before the game this weekend. Their three losses are to then #4 Arizona, Florida Gulf Coast, and Indiana State. Wow! I thought, Indiana State and Florida Gulf Coast?! Those are two shitty losses for the number 2 team in the country. I then proceeded to check those teams RPI. My subconscious knew the painful, depressing, miserable truth I was about to discover:

61 - Indiana State
102 - Florida Gulf Coast
159 - Wake Forest

Shit.
Hey, I just thought, why not check KenPom? RPI isn't everything and maybe it's a little off:

81 - Indiana State
138 - Wake Forest
142 - Florida Gulf Coast

Phew. That's better.

Indiana State is one of the last four teams in/out in a lot of bracketology stuff (I don't necessarily agree but I don't make bracketology brackets either so there's that). I don't think Miami had Durand Scott against FGCU either and it was on the road.

No chance. I think that last GT game crushed what little bit of home court morale advantage that we had left. I smell a big 20+ point blowout.

I'm courtside on Saturday. Right across from the Wake bench.

#ohsnap

Indiana State is one of the last four teams in/out in a lot of bracketology stuff (I don't necessarily agree but I don't make bracketology brackets either so there's that). I don't think Miami had Durand Scott against FGCU either and it was on the road.

Is Wellman still on the NCAA Selection Committee?

Recognition for FireBz.com, with what I consider a solid summary of the state of affairs. It also has an outline for why Wellman might keep Bz for Year 4, but it's a mediocre argument at best.

http://www.accsports.com/teams/wake...ellman-has-his-reasons-to-back-[Redacted].php

Site launched 1 month ago today.

Last traffic report I have is from midnight; we stood at 999,268... So I'd say we've reached the 1MM mark this morning.

While I was watching the UVA-Miami game last night they put up a graphic showing WF as one of the "bad losses" for UVA's NCAA tourney hopes...

Anybody else remember when we used to be a "good win" for other such teams?! So sad where we are now- second to last to a VT team that could sweep us.

Just gave you another hit. I'm fairly positive I was visitor #1,000,000. What is my prize?

Just gave you another hit. I'm fairly positive I was visitor #1,000,000. What is my prize?

A shovel, lime, and a 2x4 with nails in it. Instructions to come later. Meet behind Breakfast of Course on the morning of march 7th

I was looking at who Miami had lost to this season before the game this weekend. Their three losses are to then #4 Arizona, Florida Gulf Coast, and Indiana State. Wow! I thought, Indiana State and Florida Gulf Coast?! Those are two shitty losses for the number 2 team in the country. I then proceeded to check those teams RPI. My subconscious knew the painful, depressing, miserable truth I was about to discover:

61 - Indiana State
102 - Florida Gulf Coast
159 - Wake Forest

Shit.
Hey, I just thought, why not check KenPom? RPI isn't everything and maybe it's a little off:

81 - Indiana State
138 - Wake Forest
142 - Florida Gulf Coast

Phew. That's better.

Enfield for FGCU has a pretty interesting track record. He seems to have done well at every stop along the way. Getting FGCU into the top 100 RPI is no slouch considering they play in the ASun.

His bio is interesting. FGCU's chances of being tournament regulars have improved greatly with Belmont in the OVC.

Referral site rankings:

i4xH7Zz.png

Who the hell uses Bing?

Are the basketball-reference.com referrals from the $10 ad somebody bought?

Wow.

Back