• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

Saw Garth last night and was one of the best live shows I've ever seen. I don't care if you don't like Garth or don't like country, you need to see him live.

oh shit this came up on an old mixtape. throwback jams. i didn't like their latest release that much - none of the tracks really grabbed my attention like the tracks off their first two albums.

sidenote: missy thangs might be the most alluring female piano player i've ever seen live.

Saw Garth last night and was one of the best live shows I've ever seen. I don't care if you don't like Garth or don't like country, you need to see him live.

Garth was very fun. Dude is a showman.

Felt nice to kick back, listen to some 90s jams, and drink some Keystone lights.

Light a candle, mama, light a candle
Allah sent me to smack fire outta sambo
I got nothin' to lose, might as well take a gamble
I'm on the plantation, guns blazin' like Django
I know, you heard it all a million times, huh?
The feelin' gone, now all you hear is rhymes, huh?
George Zimmerman still walkin' 'round huh?
And Trayvon still layin' in the ground huh?
I showed up to the game with no practice like Iverson
Now they want to keep me in exile like Gadaffi son
'Cuz they told me that the Rothschilds rule the world
So I went over to England like a Black God and got me one

You have to put in work, like stay up all night work, if you want to find whiter, more soulless, awfulness than BSF posts. Good lord.

I took the Tidal 30 day trial. The backers of Tidal have more of a misuderstanding of reality than ^^^. $25.99 per month for the Hi-Fi option? Back in the pre-digital days, only serious heads were dropping that amount for CDs or tapes or whatever per month. They are also basically completely cutting out teens and college kids. Insane.

That being said, the album is pretty good. I'm not in on the gospel-y tracks, but Highlights, Waves, and Fade are bangers, with that love-it-or-hate-it over the top shimmery Kanye (over)production values.

If I had one complaint though, while the production is what we have come to expect, the lyrics aren't nearly as tight. Dude really, really missed a key
opportunity on Highlights. There is a fade out to just the vocal where he says:

Lyrics:
“I bet me and Ray J would be friends if we didn’t like the same b---- / Yeah, he might have hit it first / Only problem is I’m rich.”

Better version:
“I bet me and Ray J would be frieeeeeeends; if we wasn't eskimo twinnnnnzzzz/ Yeah, he was first to hit that biiiiitch / Only problem is I’m riiiiich.”

Shouda had TAB inna studio. Long live Yeezy.

The new Jay Elec has some nice bars but beat and flow are kinda meh. He comes off pretty whiny about Kendrick - who is pretty much untouchable right now and definitely bodied him on the Control verse. And his religious stuff is just weird.

The new Jay Elec has some nice bars but beat and flow are kinda meh. He comes off pretty whiny about Kendrick - who is pretty much untouchable right now and definitely bodied him on the Control verse. And his religious stuff is just weird.

Jay has been rapping about religion since Act I.

I don't disagree that he's coming off whiny though. He needs to quit playing and drop a fucking album.

Actually - what he needs to do is follow his own damn advice from "FYI"

So I ain't got time to argue with a rapper
'bout how he ain't got rhymes that's fuckin' with mine
I'm trying to kill Lucifer

basically Jay stop beefin and start teachin

1035x1600-Lockn_LineupPoster_Final-copy.jpg

Damn. That looks great. Love Love Love Ween. I would be willing to allow part of my ticket proceeds to go to MMJ to see them twice in a weekend.

Back