• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

I'm tired of referencing ph as the black representative on this board, so i'm going to stop doing it. My understanding from life experience and study is that there is a vast historical precedent of racial inequality and mistreatment, and that history has created a level of mistrust and unease between legal officials and black people that can't be simply resolved with calls for "common sense". I understand that a black person may have different instinctual reactions under a gun, than I would. I would also be completely surprised if an officer approached and reprimanded me for walking down a street instead of the sidewalk. I don't share the perspective of a black man re: police, but I am aware of different perspectives, and I respect them. It would be more convenient for law enforcement if black people trusted them inherently, but that's simply not realistic, and we have to operate in reality.

Well, all I can say, Townie, is that I hope the experiences you are relating about your past racial interactions are more factual than the one you related on the Fantrax thread a couple of months ago about that time back in 1968 when your dad supposedly went out that night to watch the concluding game of the World Series at a sports bar & you stayed up past your bedtime to listen to your Tigers win the World Series....when the first night game in the World Series wasn't played until three years later in 1971, and the last game of the 1968 World Series ended before 4 PM that afternoon.

I thought Townie was about 25-30 yo.

Reactions: ONW
Well, all I can say, Townie, is that I hope the experiences you are relating about your past racial interactions are more factual than the one you related on the Fantrax thread a couple of months ago about that time back in 1968 when your dad supposedly went out that night to watch the concluding game of the World Series at a sports bar & you stayed up past your bedtime to listen to your Tigers win the World Series....when the first night game in the World Series wasn't played until three years later in 1971, and the last game of the 1968 World Series ended before 4 PM that afternoon.
lolwut

You're remembering that story completely wrong, bob. I was born in 1987 for one. He was 8 years old, and the detail was that he wasn't supposed to be listening to the game, (his parents were at the bar; not mine) he was in bed with his radio, and he didn't know what to do when they won, so he called the operator and said THE TIGERS WON THE SERIES and hung up.

ETA: Here's the post - http://www.ogboards.com/forums/show...asy-Baseball?p=1755707&viewfull=1#post1755707

I got the time wrong, but the story is the same.

37368-What-is-this-fuckery-BbDn.gif

Called my father in the middle of the workday because you essentially called me a liar.

My grandfather was at the bar and my grandmother was bedridden for the last 15 years of her life. My father and his three brothers were supposed to be out in the woods playing so as not to bother my grandmother but they were in the house listening to the game, crowded around the radio. He also said he barely remembers this, you know, because he was 8 and it was 40+ years ago.

Thank you for prying. Hope this helps.

I hope you feel good about mocking a bedridden grandma, bkf.

LOL

this is great. bkf killing townie for not knowing his dad's story from 40 years ago spot on. what a douche.

Damn you Townie! How could you not remember every detail of something that happened to your dad when he was 8?!?!?

Wait a cotton pickin' minute. Are you telling me that a 50 year old story that has been handed down a generation may have some details incorrect?

bobknightfan's death cannot come soon enough. I hope he goes peacefully and without pain, but that guy is a fucking waste of oxygen.

LOL. None of that was in his original post. Go back & read it. He's now basically changed everything he originally said.

This falls under the category of "revisionist ass-covering".

And how is this "prying"? Townie was the guy who volunteered the story in the first place....about a guy staying up late at night to listen to a game and not wanting to wake up his mother. A game that was played that afternoon....three years before there was ever a night game in the World Series.

Seriously? You must have one shitty boring fucking life.

Townie, I actually checked the medical and death records and your grandmother was only bedridden for the last 14.3 years of her life. Get your fucking facts straight you god damn liar.

I was at the UVA game when Alvis Rogers hit a 17-foot jumper to beat the Ralph Sampson led Cavaliers who were ranked #3 at the time and coached by Terry Holland. I was waving one of those foam number 1 fingers and was sitting illegally on the steps near the floor with some friends at their parent's seats. There had been an ice storm and there was significant ice/snow in Winston that day. It was a Saturday afternoon game and we went to Penelope's beforehand.

I challenge any of you to deny the absolute accuracy of this account.

LOL. None of that was in his original post. Go back & read it. He's now basically changed everything he originally said.

This falls under the category of "revisionist ass-covering".

And how is this "prying"? Townie was the guy who volunteered the story in the first place....about a guy staying up late at night to listen to a game and not wanting to wake up his mother. A game that was played that afternoon....three years before there was ever a night game in the World Series.

rain-man-o.gif

Back