• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

BKF please check my Alvis Rogers story. Im sure you were there so its in the spreadsheet. It was a Saturday game with icy conditions outside, 3rd ranked Cavs, and Rogers hit the jumper. Huge.

I guess my point is, what was the point of dragging all of this into the Ferguson thread? Questioning the verisimilitude of the rest of my posts on this thread because I was off by a few hours on a story that is 46 years old that I told on an unrelated thread seems really petty, even for you.

I guess my point is, what was the point of dragging all of this into the Ferguson thread? Questioning the verisimilitude of the rest of my posts on this thread because I was off by a few hours on a story that is 46 years old that I told on an unrelated thread seems really petty, even for you.

tumblr_inline_n6inaenza71qm9qc2.gif

Townie's father didn't make that post. Townie did.

BTW, my father has been dead for more than 25 years. (January 8, 1989.....died in his sleep sometime early Sunday morning after midnight.)

Define early.

BKF diary entry: 8/22/14, 4:15pm - Looked up the word "verisimilitude"

A Former Marine Explains All the Weapons of War Being Used by Police in Ferguson

Triple Chaser CS

The police used tear gas unsparingly the past week, and it was perhaps the most disturbing ingredient in the stew. As others have noted, the Chemical Weapons Convention of 1993 actually bans the gas as a permissible means of warfare. Then again, it is allowed for domestic riot control, and nations like Turkey, Bahrain, Israel and the United States have exploited the loophole to great avail. If you’re interested in the weapon’s mechanics or science, the Internet has your back. In the meantime, I can assure you its effects are far from pleasurable. Every Marine has his or her own story about their time at the “gas chamber,” the place we go to become familiar with our gas masks (so they tell us). Suffice it to say it sucks out your organs, hogs your oxygen and burns you inside and out. Interim blindness and extended coughing fits are common, as well as an overall sense that you are dying or dead. And they’re dispersing this poison in people’s backyards.

Lord knows we keep failing at this mission overseas. What’s so shocking is that we seem to have abandoned its most decent ideals altogether here at home. As Balko has shown, “community policing grants” have been used to fund more SWAT teams. Any commitments to empathy held by cops has given way to an “Oakleys and crew cuts” bravado that hides behind gargantuan slabs of metal and increasingly deadly ordnance.

Apologies for interrupting the bkf thread, but I thought this was an interesting read, as someone who doesn't know what most of these things are.

#towniebeingtownie

If I post a story about something that happened in my past, you can be about 99.9% sure that my details will be accurate. I have a spreadsheet diary with 7,500 dated entries covering 50+ years in which I fact-check any stories I tell before I post them. Last time I printed it out it was more than 200 pages. I just have a thing about accuracy, that's all. Maybe that attention to detail comes from being an econ major, I don't know.

ok, this proves that bkf is a parody, right?

FEB 25 - 1981 34:05:13 #12 WF 73, #3 VA 66 in OT @Memorial Coliseum; Frank Johnson 22 pts in last home game; VA led 34-20 in 1st half; 2nd VA loss after 28 wins

I looked it up. That was a Wednesday, and with a 6 point disparity it wasn't a game-winning jumper.

dejected.jpg

Wow, so glad I checked in on this thread, BFK is quite literally insane.

Reactions: ITK
FEB 25 - 1981 34:05:13 #12 WF 73, #3 VA 66 in OT @Memorial Coliseum; Frank Johnson 22 pts in last home game; VA led 34-20 in 1st half; 2nd VA loss after 28 wins

That's not a time liar!

Im ashamed that this wasn't posted yet

old-man-cloud.jpg

Last edited:

I think you are mistaken. This was the game that Rogers hit the jumper at the end to beat a ranked Virginia team. It was a Saturday afernoon game the year before. I was there.

Feb. 2, 1980 13 Virginia H W 79-77

Virginia was ranked 13th not 3rd. But Wake wasn't very good that year, so it was a stunning upset.

Last edited:
Almost none. I have an entry for the first day I posted on this board. That's about it....and I only have room for one line's description per day. About 100 characters or so. And, obviously, I don't think that what anyone says on this board is very important. It's mostly for meaningless entertainment. It's kind of like when one of my cousins calls me on the telephone. She talks forever and never says anything worth hearing. The nice thing about it, though, is that I can continue to use the computer and do whatever I was doing when she called while she talks. All I have to do is occasionally say ""right" or "yeah", etc. so she knows that I haven't hung up....but I don't listen to anything she said.

This board is kind of like that....and the first baseball game today doesn't start until 7 PM, so I still have a few dead hours until then.

BKF 1
The Lot of you 0

Back